the 100% directionless thread

Ran my first full arrest as a paramedic today. Over a year without one.

But we got ROSC in the truck... So, yea!

A year without working a code? Man, I thought I was bad. Sounds like good work though!

We carry D10. Still can't get our hands on D50. I'm ok with that though

This might be because my service appears to be stockpiling it. We found multiple boxes totaling a couple hundred amps of D50 in our warehouse. What can I say? We have one of those people that's really great at finding supplies where no one else can.

This might be because my service appears to be stockpiling it. We found multiple boxes totaling a couple hundred amps of D50 in our warehouse. What can I say? We have one of those people that's really great at finding supplies where no one else can.

We are the only ones in my area that have it too. Our supply guy is pretty good, he can his hands on things that my previous employer wouldn't even try to.

For a while we were using bags of D25, which I have successfully lobbied to keep on the truck after reading a few articles pointing to D50 being a bit harsh of a therapy at times. So we've got 2 amps of D50 and two bags of D25 on the truck so we can run stuff like Desert!

Code Blue, Code STEMI, and Code Stroke all in one day. Code Trifecta

All I got was AMR's death by power point today and for the rest of the week. I'm not complaining, but it's not my favorite thing :lol:

Well.. Time to get the hell out from under my parents thumb. Installing a new alarm today and on the car I paid for, pay for my insurance on, is registered in my name and all that and during the installation I find... A GPS tracker. Having a friend come help me move tomorrow...

I'm trying to go to the gym and why can't I find my socks, because for some reason I put them in the sink...maybe I'm trying to tell myself something.

I'm trying to go to the gym and why can't I find my socks, because for some reason I put them in the sink...maybe I'm trying to tell myself something.

That you need a bath?... :unsure:

An oldie, but a goodie! Just watched it again tonight for the first time in quite a while.

[YOUTUBE]Kx_oh6LM6zU[/YOUTUBE]

Well.. Time to get the hell out from under my parents thumb. Installing a new alarm today and on the car I paid for, pay for my insurance on, is registered in my name and all that and during the installation I find... A GPS tracker. Having a friend come help me move tomorrow...

So youre over 18 and your parents put a GPS tracker on your car?

So youre over 18 and your parents put a GPS tracker on your car?
Yep. 19 next month and a medic student. Which is basically the only place I go... Still, it's the point of the matter.

Our protocols are 320 pages long and reading them is murderous. However I did just discover that I can give Zofran on a paramedic's order and then transport the patient so long as it's ODT. Guess I need to push for them to buy some ODT.

Most of our medics are not going to take the flu like symptoms patient that wants to be transported unless they are actively and profusely vomiting. If you just feel nauseous or are a little woozy from being at high altitude for the first time, I am going to be in back with you. I'll start a line and give you fluids, but you will continue to feel nauseous. Hopefully not anymore. I know ODT is not as effective as IV, but it is a start. I will still push for the actively vomiting patient to receive IV Zofran.

Yep. 19 next month and a medic student. Which is basically the only place I go... Still, it's the point of the matter.

Thats a tought one. On one hand its parents, on the other I take pride in my belongings and my privacy

Back