the 100% directionless thread

It had been forever since I started an EJ. Of course my supervisor had to bust my chops about it...

"I just got a call from the ED about a PT with an infiltrated EJ that had D50 pushed through it.. Know anything about that?"

I was like, "Seriously? I KNOW that line was good..."

He just laughed and hung up on me.

Good times.

Gave 0.5/3 duoneb, 20mg albuterol, 10mg Dex, 2g mag and he gave himself two epi pens PTA. Oh plus out this dude on CPAP. Busy call. Lol. Most meds I've given at once

It had been forever since I started an EJ. Of course my supervisor had to bust my chops about it...

"I just got a call from the ED about a PT with an infiltrated EJ that had D50 pushed through it.. Know anything about that?"

I was like, "Seriously? I KNOW that line was good..."

He just laughed and hung up on me.

Good times.

Perhaps you went for the big tube in the middle of the neck and gave intratracheal D50. Tasty :p

I miss living in STL. I had a house in Tower Grove, then a condo in Soulard. It was awesome watching the fights and other craziness.

If they had a third service EMS agency like where I am now, I'd move back in a second. I loved it there.

Pittsburgh is probably not that different from St. Louis, I'd wager, and they seem to have a solid third service agency (and relatively low cost of living).

Next healthcare provider that uses the phrase "O2 Stats" in front of me will be directly responsible if my head explodes.

I wonder if O2 stats could technically be correct for describing a blood gas.

Gave 0.5/3 duoneb, 20mg albuterol, 10mg Dex, 2g mag and he gave himself two epi pens PTA. Oh plus out this dude on CPAP. Busy call. Lol. Most meds I've given at once

Why not epi?

Why not epi?

He gave himself two doses before I got there, was tachy and hypertensive as hell, and had a major HTN and cad hx

From one of my favorite blogs: Firefighter Histeresis. And for some additional color...
Fires-and-Firefighters.png

Why not epi?

He gave himself two doses before I got there, was tachy and hypertensive as hell, and had a major HTN and cad hx

Driving on the way to gas station, watched a kid on a back road on his dirt bike popping a wheelie. Falls on his ***. Keep driving (yeah, I probably should have stopped, but I know the kid he likes to bully the neighborhood kids, so I don't care for him all that much and I just left), see the local fd with a crew I know at the gas station, buying food, say "you're probably gonna get toned in a minute, so I would hold off on the food."
Toned out 30 seconds later, lmao. They probably hate me now. I hope they have a crew change before my ride along tomorrow :rofl:

Welcome to the dark side my friend!

Welcome to the Dark Side my friend!

I though we got that pesky echo fixed.

I thought we got that pesky echo fixed.

3 amps of D50, 1 amp of sodium bicarbonate, 1 of calcium, and 5 Epi. Guys sugar started off at 30. After 1 amp of D50 sugar read LOW >10. Doctor ordered 2 more of D50, the sodium, and calcium.

There is a very weird feeling when you pass by a cemetery with a full arrest in the back

3 amps of D50, 1 amp of sodium bicarbonate, 1 of calcium, and 5 Epi. Guys sugar started off at 30. After 1 amp of D50 sugar read LOW >10. Doctor ordered 2 more of D50, the sodium, and calcium.

There is a very weird feeling when you pass by a cemetery with a full arrest in the back

Geeze. We only have 2 amps of D50. What rhythm was he do you know?

Geeze. We only have 2 amps of D50. What rhythm was he do you know?

We carry 3 amps and I think fire carries 1 amp. Asystole for us the whole time. At the hospital they shocked him once so he may have switched rhythms after we moved him to the bed. They called him ~30 minutes later.

Code Blue, Code STEMI, and Code Stroke all in one day. Code Trifecta

Back