the 100% directionless thread

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
I swear my partner and I are the biggest white clouds ever.

And I have a CCP tonight so no work for me!

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Even if you do get a nurse, you might still be doing BLS calls. For some reason, ambulance companies would rather chance missing a CCT call rather than turn a BLS call. :(

Wouldn't necessarily surprise me, though from what I've seen based off of picking up a handful of CCT shifts in the past the nurses can (and will) get "downgraded" to run ALS calls when all our medic units are busy (and/or running BLS calls lol) but it seems here they'd rather have a nurse staffed CCT post all day running one call a shift instead of running BLS

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I've tried rationalizing it. I believe the company makes more money running multiple BLS calls versus turning it over to another company and hoping that we'll run a CCT call. Hopefully they can turn it over to another company, or the fines are small if the CCT unit arrives late. Companies will have a CCT vehicle only because their contract requires it, but if the contract doesn't specifically say they have to be reserved for only CCT calls, the company will try to use 'em for lower level calls.

Companies get smart like that sometimes, and whoever writes the contract, has to add zeros to the end of the fines to hopefully make the company want to run the call rather than pay the fines.

I think a of CCT calls are also CCT only because they are ordered by the physician, but not really CCT.

Last edited by a moderator:

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
My current partner and I, together, are a combined Black cloud which makes the storm that whisked Dorothy away to Oz look like a passing shower

My current partner and I are a combined white cloud that is so non-threatening it looks like it won't rain for the next 3 millenia.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Woohoo, ems12lead on Facebook posted up a picture of an epsilon wave, and I knew what it was! I am finally one of those people! :D

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
The Elevator

A skinny little guy goes into an elevator, looks up and sees this HUGE guy standing next to him. The big guy sees the little guy staring at him, looks down and says: “7 feet tall, 350 pounds, 20 inch private, 3 pound testicles, Turner Brown.”

The little guy faints and falls to the floor. The big guy kneels down and starts shaking him. The big guy says, “What's wrong with you?” In a weak voice the little guy says, “What EXACTLY did you say to me?”

The big dude says, “I saw your curious look and figured I'd just give you the answers to the questions everyone always asks me..... I'm 7 feet tall, I weigh 350 pounds, I have a 20 inch private, my testicles each weigh 3 pounds and my name is Turner Brown.”

The small guy says, “Turner Brown?!
Sweet Jesus, I thought you said, 'Turn around!"

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
My current partner and I are a combined white cloud that is so non-threatening it looks like it won't rain for the next 3 millenia.

In my last three shift rotation and I ran like 17 calls. This rotation we ran seven. Two rations ago we ran 11. That means this next one will probably go back to the black cloud rotation.

EMTnurse

Forum Probie
My current partner and I, together, are a combined Black cloud which makes the storm that whisked Dorothy away to Oz look like a passing shower

Come down to VA and run with me. I have a big white fluffy cloud with rainbows and unicorns and happy kittens. I have literally sat and run one call, that ended up being cancelled enroute, during a 12 hour shift. And if I do get calls, they are utter BS. And it's not like we are a super slow company, we do nearly 6,000 calls a year!

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
So I'm pretty stoked to finally be getting off the platform and onto the box in the very near future! Especially since I've got a couple good partners lined up :D

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
We have 5-8 new ambulances that everyone wants. I'm sure in a couple more months they will be ran down
I don't like the new ones. I'd rather have my old diesel rig back. I miss 42952 (104).

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I don't like the new ones. I'd rather have my old diesel rig back. I miss 42952 (104).

I love the siren settings in 80948 (106) buts that's about it (the brake pedal has always been really soft).

I haven't had any issues with the brand new rigs (the ones with the new paint job). I hate the way the A/C is set up on the burn unit (102).

Still my heart belongs to 54485 (old BLS that was taken out of service). You could easily tap into the WiFi on the rig and may have also been able to disconnect the GPS cable ;)

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
Come down to VA and run with me. I have a big white fluffy cloud with rainbows and unicorns and happy kittens. I have literally sat and run one call, that ended up being cancelled enroute, during a 12 hour shift. And if I do get calls, they are utter BS. And it's not like we are a super slow company, we do nearly 6,000 calls a year!

Where are you located?

Anjel

Forum Angel

Ha come to Michigan. We do 3300 calls a month.

EMTnurse

Forum Probie
Ha come to Michigan. We do 3300 calls a month.

Holy cow! Well, I'd definitely see some action then!

My white cloud is so bad that I've sat around doing nothing all day, and literally as I tap my badge to clock out a code and a wreck with injuries come in. It's ridiculous.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
The best way to start the day is sticking you're hand into a ceiling fan while getting dressed.

emt11

Forum Lieutenant
Holy cow! Well, I'd definitely see some action then!

My white cloud is so bad that I've sat around doing nothing all day, and literally as I tap my badge to clock out a code and a wreck with injuries come in. It's ridiculous.

I've been off all weekend (rotating 12's) but on Thursday we were somewhere around 68,000 calls so far this year. So about 9,000 calls a month.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Congrats!!!!

Which medic you going to?

Not gonna miss truckie work huh? Lol

Thanks! It'll be several months before I get to pick a station, since a transfer list just ended a few weeks ago. It'll most likely be the one off bandera inside 410, the one off Vance Jackson near huebner, or one of the units downtown.

If truck work was more frequent, I would miss it more :( Breaking stuff is always fun :D