the 100% directionless thread

emt11

Forum Lieutenant
ugugyhy6.jpg

Been an eventful shift already. Only thirty six more hours to go

How do you like those Freightliner Sprinters? I'll go so far as to say that we have Sprinters at my company.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
I just read what may be the most awful piece of EMS fiction ever written. I suppose that's what happens when I get bored and start to crawl all over the internet...

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I just read what may be the most awful piece of EMS fiction ever written. I suppose that's what happens when I get bored and start to crawl all over the internet...

I've read som pretty aweful stuff... what was it?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
That looks more like a Type III with a Sprinter cab than an actual Sprinter Type II ambulance.

It is a Type III. Not a bad unit, but I hate the way the thing drives... Way too narrow and top heavy feeling. Plus major turbo lag with the diesel that's in the thing. I love the box because it's a narrow box, and easier to work in for me.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
It's 112 outside and I'm in the ambulance with the broken arm rest and alright a/c. Still deciding on what I want for dinner...

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
It's 112 outside and I'm in the ambulance with the broken arm rest and alright a/c. Still deciding on what I want for dinner...

Sounds like your in an AMR unit :p

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

The broken arm rest is probably my biggest pet peeve in an ambulance second to a single cab.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Sounds like your in an AMR unit :p

Haha no it's worse. One leaks diesel, other two my knees get pressed up to the dashboard, another ones fuel injectors keep going out, and we have one new one that everyone wants (working arm rests, great a/c in the front and back, rides nice... I can go on and on...)

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
My current partner and I, together, are a combined Black cloud which makes the storm that whisked Dorothy away to Oz look like a passing shower

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Haha no it's worse. One leaks diesel, other two my knees get pressed up to the dashboard, another ones fuel injectors keep going out, and we have one new one that everyone wants (working arm rests, great a/c in the front and back, rides nice... I can go on and on...)

We have 5-8 new ambulances that everyone wants. I'm sure in a couple more months they will be ran down

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
So in the shift bids we just did I scored a CCT shift. I was looking forward to no more Grandma going back to the nursing home BLS transfers, until I found out that my CCT shift is a new one added to the schedule, so new we don't have a nurse for that shift, so...yeah, still doing non emergent BLS transfers unless a nurse decides to pick up an extra shift or we manage to hire someone new.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
My current partner and I, together, are a combined Black cloud which makes the storm that whisked Dorothy away to Oz look like a passing shower

I know this one. I think summer has a lot to do with it too. We have averaged around 10 calls a shift since May. Each call, if it's a transport, takes 2-3 hours. It sucks.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I know this one. I think summer has a lot to do with it too. We have averaged around 10 calls a shift since May. Each call, if it's a transport, takes 2-3 hours. It sucks.

Sounds like our shifts. I've been averaging 18 calls per 48 lately. With an average of 2.5 hours from start to finish

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
So in the shift bids we just did I scored a CCT shift. I was looking forward to no more Grandma going back to the nursing home BLS transfers, until I found out that my CCT shift is a new one added to the schedule, so new we don't have a nurse for that shift, so...yeah, still doing non emergent BLS transfers unless a nurse decides to pick up an extra shift or we manage to hire someone new.
Even if you do get a nurse, you might still be doing BLS calls. For some reason, ambulance companies would rather chance missing a CCT call rather than turn a BLS call. :(

JPINFV

Gadfly
We have 5-8 new ambulances that everyone wants. I'm sure in a couple more months they will be ran down

My favorite ambulance at my first company was one of the oldest ambulances... if for no other reason than no one else wanted it so it wasn't going to get any worse. When, for all extents and purposes, a handful of people "own" a unit, it tends to be taken care of.