the 100% directionless thread

Anjel

Forum Angel
Today, I reversed advanced COPD with timely BiPAP and Albuterol/Atrovent, fluid-resuscitated a dude who dehydrated himself and popped three nitros simultaneously, nailed a stroke off of hypertension and progressively worsening facial droop, then turned around to pick up and pace a symptomatic bradycardic 3rd degree new-onset heart block and paced him back from the bottom of the drain. 3rd degree, bradyd to 20 from 60, paced + fluid, developed a hideous bundle-branch block with intermittent bouts of asystole without pacing in ER. Doc used my 4-lead to diagnose, cath lab from our encounter in 36 minutes.
62 yo M syncopal after working out, extensive cardiac history, no chest pain or SHOB, initially reluctant to allow assessment. Turned into a CTD moment. Warm, pale, very diaphoretic, weak and "I feel faint".

First pace ever, I feel awesome!

No one likes a show off.

Haha kidding. Good on you! You kicked some major *** today.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
You know it was a long day when you had to have not one but TWO med restocks and the only 3cc and 1cc syringes left on the box are in my first out bag....

I quit, white towel, no more. I don't think I've ever given that many medications in one day in my life. No skills beyond IVs...just lots of damn meds.

Trade me rocket!

Last edited by a moderator:

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
You know it was a long day when you had to have not one but TWO med restocks and the only 3cc and 1cc syringes left on the box are in my first out bag....

I quit, white towel, no more. I don't think I've ever given that many medications in one day in my life. No skills beyond IVs...just lots of damn meds.

Trade me rocket!

I just keep using up all my vent circuits and pump sets on CCT calls. Which is cool with me. Y'all can have that 911 stuff.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I just keep using up all my vent circuits and pump sets on CCT calls. Which is cool with me. Y'all can have that 911 stuff.

Gee thanks!

So I'm sleepy and my partner is chattering. Like nonstop jibberish. I'm trying to be patient but I haven't had my coffee yet....you stay quiet radio!

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Shhhhhhh.

MissK

Forum Crew Member
It is such a scary feeling hearing your coworkers scream on the radio their unit was just in a rollover. Luckily they aren't injured too badly. The truck.. that's another story.

Wheel

Forum Asst. Chief
It is such a scary feeling hearing your coworkers scream on the radio their unit was just in a rollover. Luckily they aren't injured too badly. The truck.. that's another story.

Wow, glad everyone is ok though

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Wow, glad everyone is ok though

Seconded.

Thoughts are with the family of the 23 year old Phoenix FF that died in the line of duty last night. I can't even imagine what the crew that was on scene is going through right now. Such a tragic accident.

Also R.I.P. to the Phoenix PD officer that died in the line of duty in a separate incident this morning.

Sad day for Phoenix and first responders all over the world :-( makes me sick to my stomach.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Special event "OKC Gay Pride Parade and Street Festival": 30,000 people drinking and making merriment in 95-degree 70% humidity, and Im the only straight guy on the detail. Hilarious people-watching though, lol.

Seriously, Republican conservatives of OK, give it up already. The gays are as American as anyone else. Theres a few protestors I fully expect to get their asses kicked later.

Edit: A flock of nurses have obtained trauma shears and are cutting pants down. Very friendly folks I work with every day. Why shouldn't they be allowed to be married?

Last edited by a moderator:

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Neurologist: *Angry voice* "Why didn't you call a code stroke on this patient you just consulted!!!"
Me: "Uhh he had a stroke in 2011....So his last know normal is probably outside the treatment window"
Neuro: "Oh....I will come see him in the morning then"

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Today we're playing a game of "let's see if we can have every patient disposition except for ALS transport." One DOA, one PD transport, one BLS release, and one refusal so far. I'm also kinda bummed that our ride along today didn't show up. I actually like having riders.

RocketMedic

Pride parade coverage...in EMSA 369. Who says supervisors dont have humor?

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
At least it wasn't unit 469.

Had one of those days today… I could not start an IV to save my life.

RocketMedic

Lol all that tornado madness just tore REACTs entire service area apart.

DrankTheKoolaid

Forum Deputy Chief
At least it wasn't unit 469.

Had one of those days today… I could not start an IV to save my life.

Ugh had one of those can't get an IV to save my life shifts last week. I was the King of 22s to be able to actually get anything to thread

Household6

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Special event "OKC Gay Pride Parade and Street Festival": 30,000 people drinking and making merriment in 95-degree 70% humidity, and Im the only straight guy on the detail. Hilarious people-watching though, lol.

Seriously, Republican conservatives of OK, give it up already. The gays are as American as anyone else. Theres a few protestors I fully expect to get their asses kicked later.

Edit: A flock of nurses have obtained trauma shears and are cutting pants down. Very friendly folks I work with every day. Why shouldn't they be allowed to be married?

Why? Because most Queens look better in a gown than I do. And they certainly do their makeup better.

Household6

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Oh stars, UMBRELLA-GATE. All over FB and Huffington for the last four days.

Sometimes, Marines and Soldiers hold umbrellas. For the President. Sometimes they might even help him open jars. It's the end of the world.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
EMS week is coming up. Prepare yourselves for all the EMT/Medic memes and the always famous "what do you do for a living? ooh well I keep people from dying" posts on facebook.