the 100% directionless thread

Hunter

Forum Asst. Chief
Why not? Once cooling is complete it holds in any fluid that collects, prevents air from getting it which relieves some pain and helps to minimise/prevent infection?

I was quite skeptical at first, but I tell you, having used it several times, its magic stuff and its so cheap!

Isn't that what all the dressings and burn sheets are for? I do see the logic behind it though.

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief
Isn't that what all the dressings and burn sheets are for? I do see the logic behind it though.

We don't use them because there is no evidence they are better than glad wrap and they are very expensive.

Our focus is on 20 minutes of cooling with cool water at the scene no questions, ifs or buts (unless there is life threatening problems with the primary survey) cling film and generous pain relief.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Just started watching that Aussie medics show...

To paraphrase it: "[Name] is a firefighter who's been waiting two years to be accepted into a paramedic program."

How 'bout that? :p

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
Just started watching that Aussie medics show...

To paraphrase it: "[Name] is a firefighter who's been waiting two years to be accepted into a paramedic program."

How 'bout that? :p

I like it just fine!

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Being sick is bad news. Not only do I feel like crap I've managed to spend way too much money on my truck as well. Sitting around reading all day I couldn't contain myself.

4 inch MBRP turbo back exhaust, SCT programmer and an Edge CTS Insight monitoring system with the expandable EGT probe. She's gonna rip! Sound nasty too, if my neighbors hated me for idling my truck in the am before this isn't going to help that cause.

TRSpeed

Forum Asst. Chief
Being sick is bad news. Not only do I feel like crap I've managed to spend way too much money on my truck as well. Sitting around reading all day I couldn't contain myself.

4 inch MBRP turbo back exhaust, SCT programmer and an Edge CTS Insight monitoring system with the expandable EGT probe. She's gonna rip! Sound nasty too, if my neighbors hated me for idling my truck in the am before this isn't going to help that cause.

Ecoboost I assume? If so get a E85 tune on it :) I will be beast!

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief

All car guys do that <_< It's just too easy... haha.
Once you start, you'll never stop! lol

Attachments

• 404836_475473615841752_1917349005_n.jpg
    404836_475473615841752_1917349005_n.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 203

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Put some bulletproof parts on it and you'll be good.

Biggest things I hear are aftermarket oil coolers, the EGR delete and head studs.

From what I've read if you do the heavy duty oil cooler then you usually don't need to delete the EGR or do head studs unless you go with a bigger turbo. Not something I'm planning on but who knows.

What year?
depends, some suck. Some are great (mine)

Need to get a cord for the block heater though. From what I'm told they all have the heater element just don't all have the cord and I cannot find the cord tied up under the hood anywhere. Usually cycle the ignition 3x for the first start of the day then let her idle for 5-10 minutes then after that she's good to go.

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Yep. It's a bad habit.
Very bad. I've spent tons on my Trans Am. lol.
Exhaust was $900 by itself... LS6 intake was $600... List goes on. Lol
I want rid of it, though. Things a money pit. Blew a intake manifold gasket (i.e. the reason for the LS6 intake. Shop wanted the same price for the gasket as they did for the LS6 intake. Didn't have a LS1, though), the whole A/C system crapped out, the oil pan's weld on the nut inside the bung is broken, the transmission tailshaft mount is broke... List goes on for this one, too :rofl:

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
My muffler was impaled by a piece of rebar on a dump run in 2010, replaced with a middumped Flowmaster 44, added a CAI and replaced the stock hankooks with Falken Rocky Mountain ATs. Next up is either going to be a new stereo or an Edge EVO programmer-any experience with them on a 4.6L F150?

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
Shopping list for our Land Cruiser still is a rear bumper with swingouts, regear axles, sliders, replace some interior bits and is like a fresh motor with turbo added.

Minus the motor I need about $4k worth of OT money. This may take awhile lol

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Shopping list for our Land Cruiser still is a rear bumper with swingouts, regear axles, sliders, replace some interior bits and is like a fresh motor with turbo added.

Minus the motor I need about $4k worth of OT money. This may take awhile lol
That's how I felt, hahaa.
I decided the other day that it's officially going for sale when I get out of school, so I'm not putting any more money into anything besides fixing everything wrong with it as of now. Want to get 8-9k out of it and get a newer Harley Sportster and café race it out and an el cheapo Jeep for bad weather days.
Rocket: Never owned a Ford, but as far as programmers; some people swear by them, some won't touch them with a 10 foot stick. You'd be hard pressed to find someone without a bias towards them.

Achilles

Forum Moron
Rob, check under the radiator for the cord, between the tow hooks. If it's not there you might not have the the cold weather package, also if you wouldn't mind, check the drivers and passenger side of the transmission for me, and if you see a plate, then that's pretty cool, if not, NBD.

Every fill up, I strongly recommend a fuel additive for winter I use this:
http://www.powerservice.com/dfs/
For summer I use this,
http://mobile.powerstrokediesel.com/index/20407
First product.

When you put coolant in, use motorcraft gold, any other stuff and you can screw up your engine.
I plug my truck in from November - April.
The diesels hate the cold and love the heat.

Are you putting a chip in?

Also, your truck loves to tow, it's not for going to Wal-mart once a week and buying fruit loops. Work that truck! That's what it likes.

Last edited by a moderator:

JPINFV

Gadfly
Well... looks like my stethoscope grew legs on Friday and walked away from me. I swear, I will replace it with the most hideous color possible. God help me, hot pink is currently high on the color list.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Well... looks like my stethoscope grew legs on Friday and walked away from me. I swear, I will replace it with the most hideous color possible. God help me, hot pink is currently high on the color list.

Get one in plaid...