the 100% directionless thread

the_negro_puppy

Forum Asst. Chief
Can someone please ban that pseudoseizure troll?

Night from hell.

Wow what a night hey?

I recently had a man approx 60 y.o ? attemt suicide by train.

He may have been laying on the tracks, train moving slow between stations.

When we arrived he was GCS3, agonal resps, obvious depressed skull fracture. BP 90/50 pulse 140. He had some jaw clenching so it was OPA and bagging, couldn't get an LMA in.

Started giving fluids to raise BP. Eventually backed up by Doc and ICP, 70mg ketamine and 100mg rocuronium later he was intubated. CT at hospital looked nasty. I check up and apparently he is still in ICU. Not sure of what the outcome will be but if he was essentially GCS3 on scene it cant be good.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
I recently had a man approx 60 y.o ? attemt suicide by train.

He may have been laying on the tracks, train moving slow between stations.

When we arrived he was GCS3, agonal resps, obvious depressed skull fracture. BP 90/50 pulse 140. He had some jaw clenching so it was OPA and bagging, couldn't get an LMA in.

Started giving fluids to raise BP. Eventually backed up by Doc and ICP, 70mg ketamine and 100mg rocuronium later he was intubated. CT at hospital looked nasty. I check up and apparently he is still in ICU. Not sure of what the outcome will be but if he was essentially GCS3 on scene it cant be good.

I wish you could just slam some morphine and let them go comfortably. I see no point in trying to resus that patient.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21361230052.048411.jpg

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
I currently have no partner scheduled for Saturday, meaning I get to spend the day working with my ex and her fiance... oh the joy.

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
*ahem*

JPINFV

Gadfly
Dear Project Free TV,

"Human Centipede" is not a "drama."

Sincerely,
The Internet.

Meursault

Organic Mechanic
Can someone please ban that pseudoseizure troll?

"Location: Greater Boston area"
attachment.php

EDIT: Apparently, VBulletin insists that GIF is a JPG. No matter, still get to dig something out of the reaction images folder.

Attachments

• 1349522957220.jpg
    1349522957220.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 296
Last edited by a moderator:

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
Ignorance truly is bliss.

I love reading the comments on videos like this. Aside from the video being a major HIPPA violation...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0syYuh8lpg

Some heroic save they made...first floor fire, thick smoke, doing CPR on the front lawn. Seems more like a successful body recovery to me...

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Ignorance truly is bliss.

I love reading the comments on videos like this. Aside from the video being a major HIPPA violation...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0syYuh8lpg

Some heroic save they made...first floor fire, thick smoke, doing CPR on the front lawn. Seems more like a successful body recovery to me...

I'm pretty sure the guy did not survive (not 100% sure).

This fire department is about 45 minutes away from my house in a high crime and bankrupt city.

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm pretty sure the guy did not survive (not 100% sure).

This fire department is about 45 minutes away from my house in a high crime and bankrupt city.

That was my point.

The video is titled "Most incredible fire rescue ever" and realistically, this is a glorified body recovery. All the comments are about how amazing and heroic it was...