the 100% directionless thread

That's correct. It's a travesty. I actually want to extend my clinical time myself because it's too ridiculous to be sent out "ready" to tube folks with just one. I'll already have my back against the wall starting out. Let's hope I don't have the internship from hell.

Hunter

Forum Asst. Chief
That's correct. It's a travesty. I actually want to extend my clinical time myself because it's too ridiculous to be sent out "ready" to tube folks with just one. I'll already have my back against the wall starting out. Let's hope I don't have the internship from hell.

At least you're required to have a live tube, down here dummys are good enough to clear you.

MassEMT-B

Forum Captain
MY thoughts exactly, you can do all your clinicals in the ER, no OR, no OB, no pediatric ER required.

Oh wow. We were required to get at least 10 intubations, watch 3 births, and needed at least like 4 pediatric assesments and that is nothing compared to what should actually be required.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hunter

Forum Asst. Chief
Oh wow. We were required to get at least 10 intubations, watch 3 births, and needed at least like 4 pediatric assesments and that is nothing compared to what should actually be required.

I was lucky, my clinicals where at a very busy hospital with an OB department, Cath lab, Peds ER and with very friendly staff who allowed us to watching births, assist with pediatrics, watch cardiac Caths, one of our students was actually allowed to assist, basically just hand stuff over to the doctor doing one cath.

Anjel

Forum Angel
I've had 6 hours of sleep since Friday. Work tonight, school and work tomorrow, school Tuesday then bed. I feel like :censored::censored::censored::censored:.

2 more days.

Hunter

Forum Asst. Chief
I've had 6 hours of sleep since Friday. Work tonight, school and work tomorrow, school Tuesday then bed. I feel like :censored::censored::censored::censored:.

2 more days.

Anjel, you work too hard, you need a vacation.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Anjel, you work too hard, you need a vacation.

Medic is over in July. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. It's that or I'm killing myself and that's what that light is

Wheel

Forum Asst. Chief
MY thoughts exactly, you can do all your clinicals in the ER, no OR, no OB, no pediatric ER required.

This makes me sad. I'm trying to move to Florida and find a medic job there (fiance wants to work for Disney.) Reading this makes me realize that my ems career may be short if this is what I can expect.

Hunter

Forum Asst. Chief
Medic is over in July. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. It's that or I'm killing myself and that's what that light is

Lol I had a friend who was doing the same thing, sad part about them is they finished Medics and now instead of taking some time to relax they're working two jobs and working more hours than they where when they where in school.

This makes me sad. I'm trying to move to Florida and find a medic job there (fiance wants to work for Disney.) Reading this makes me realize that my ems career may be short if this is what I can expect.

Don't take is as the standard all over the state, There are some very good agencies, it's just education isn't at the highest standards.

Wheel

Forum Asst. Chief
Don't take is as the standard all over the state, There are some very good agencies, it's just education isn't at the highest standards.

I know it's not that way all over. The state of ems education as a whole depresses me, not just florida. I am a little worried about finding a good place to work there, or just anywhere really. I've already come to grips with the fact that I might be driving a lot.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Sigh... I'm about this ( l__l ) close to defriending my sister on Facebook, but I feel that someone has to call out her blatant racism. I guess the one small consolation is that she's posting under her married name and not her maiden name.

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
From the sounds of it, anyone who doesn't think Obama should be burned at the stake is a liberal.

JPINFV

Gadfly
From the sounds of it, anyone who doesn't think Obama should be burned at the stake is a liberal.

Basically. Apparently most of our relatives have already defriended her over what she posts. I would call her a spitting image of the average Tea Party member (given its current incarnation), but I don't want to give the Tea Party a bad name. Just seeing the birther fecal material is enough to make me rage that we share a common genetic source, but the constant hypocrisy (i.e. agreeing with the supposed Don Cherry torture endorsement) is just too much.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Temp of 101.6, no bueno. Glad I left work early, got up to go to the bathroom after I got home and woke up on the floor. I hate being sick.

Unfortunately my sled trip to Whistler fell through :( 5 days of riding in McCall, Idaho sounds like it'll work as a pretty solid replacement though!

Spent 12 hours in the OB.....absolutely nothing happened until the last minute, when a delivery started. All the nurses came to get me and I got all excited. I put all my ppe and gloves on only to have the mom say she didn't want any students in there.....bummer man.