the 100% directionless thread

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Out with drinks after shift with a cute nurse and who shows up and plops her *** down at the table right next to us? My ex... I have the best luck ever :lol:

Anjel

Forum Angel
Out with drinks after shift with a cute nurse and who shows up and plops her *** down at the table right next to us? My ex... I have the best luck ever :lol:

You've had an awesome day lol

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
I would say that you DO have luck. You're out with a cute nurse, and your ex has to watch it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief

Are you one of those "we can still talk" ex's or are you more towards the "why won't the suxamethonium in the fridge just expire so I can flog it already?!" types?

The latter would bad.

Now, I might be a bit naive in that I've never really had an ex but I don't get it, it's over, unless there was some horrendously messy dispute over kids or something, I dno ... I hear "oh my ex..." and then wow people get crazy like wow!

My uncle is a lawyer who does divorces and family stuff, I don't know him really well, but man, maybe I can begin to see why he doesn't want to start his car in the morning? :D

Also, I cannot sleep, somebody should come keep me company? :)

CritterNurse

Forum Captain
What is it?

Well, it is a 2000 Ford Ranger XLT. My brother-in-law is a mechanic and a die-hard ford fan (he drives a '31 ford model A, among other newer fords). He said as long as I wash the undercarriage weekly, as well as the usual regular maintenance it should last me a good long while. Couldn't take it for a test-drive last night since the dealership was closed. But we did go there, give it a good look-over, peek under the hood, etc.

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Well, it is a 2000 Ford Ranger XLT. My brother-in-law is a mechanic and a die-hard ford fan (he drives a '31 ford model A, among other newer fords). He said as long as I wash the undercarriage weekly, as well as the usual regular maintenance it should last me a good long while. Couldn't take it for a test-drive last night since the dealership was closed. But we did go there, give it a good look-over, peek under the hood, etc.

Get a 3rd or 4th generation 4Runner or Tacoma. With regular maintenance you'll easily get over 300k miles out of one. The previous owner beat the crap out of my truck (a 94 4Runner with 184k miles) taking it wheeling and rock crawling, a little work on the steering & suspension (maintenance that he didn't want to spend money on before selling it) and she runs like a dream. It shifts smoother than my Mom's 06 patriot with CVT and owns my brother's F-150 on cost of ownership.

CritterNurse

Forum Captain
Oddly enough, my brother-in-law has the opposite opinion. He had a Tacoma, it rotted out in no time, but his Ranger is still on the road, and in great shape.

Oddly enough, my brother-in-law has the opposite opinion. He had a Tacoma, it rotted out in no time, but his Ranger is still on the road, and in great shape.

A true rarity. Also, I'm in the most boring L&D clinical rotation.

JPINFV

Gadfly
A true rarity. Also, I'm in the most boring L&D clinical rotation.

Should have done RCRMC. On a side note, it's unfortunate that you guys only do 1 L&D shift. There's just too high of a chance that nothing will happen...

We had no choice. And dude, I'm really getting annoyed at RCRMC. Everytime I think I get a chance at a tube or IO, the attending steps in and says his resident needs practice. One actually told me that his resident has "only" intubated 16 times and needs the practice! I just need ONE tube to be cleared for field. I even tried to beg a doc, I asked him "What if I had to intubate your loved one?" He ignored my question.

JPINFV

Gadfly
We had no choice. And dude, I'm really getting annoyed at RCRMC. Everytime I think I get a chance at a tube or IO, the attending steps in and says his resident needs practice. One actually told me that his resident has "only" intubated 16 times and needs the practice! I just need ONE tube to be cleared for field. I even tried to beg a doc, I asked him "What if I had to intubate your loved one?" He ignored my question.

Well, if you're still there in a month (anesthesiology rotation here I come) I'll give up one of my tubes for you.

Thanks man, but we don't do OR shifts. They'll probably send me to Hemet Valley to get one. Also, I'll be interning in a county that allows pediatric intubation.....with only one tube during clinicals. This is extremely frustrating.

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse

He got the one bad Tacoma ever made and the one good Ranger ever made. That's some bad luck right there.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Thanks man, but we don't do OR shifts. They'll probably send me to Hemet Valley to get one. Also, I'll be interning in a county that allows pediatric intubation.....with only one tube during clinicals. This is extremely frustrating.

Wait... You're cleared for the field with ONE tube?