the 100% directionless thread

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Don't forget the Benadryl. You know because it makes you "itch". Or so they say.

I had a narcotic addict going through withdrawals last week. It was a long day. Q2 IV Ativan

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
On an ambulance? Why would you want to wear shorts when you have to get down on the ground all the time.

Aye, what Robb said. I'm working on a TV set right now, and I do a lot of sports gigs as well. Rainy days and muddy fields taught me to never let my knees touch the ground, even in pants.

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief
I got just over 6 hours sleep last night.

Found out somebody I was at earlier had a cardiac arrest and died in the hospital bathroom, well, at least they didn't do it when I was there, phew!

CritterNurse

Forum Captain
So I went scouting out for a vehicle this afternoon. I brought my dad along for advice. I found a pickup truck I'm leaning towards. Its in my price range. The sad thing is, it looked like it would be almost the exact same color as the stripe running down the ambulance at one of the volunteer rescues I belong to.

That, and I think once the dealer looks at my last name, then looks at the color of the truck, he might just start shaking his head. My last name would be a pretty fair description of that color.

At least this is a dealer that comes highly recommended. A couple of my dad's coworkers have bought from him for years, and one of them is actually on his third vehicle. I ran the year, make, model, mileage, and engine size by my brother-in-law and he's giving a thumbs up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Achilles

Forum Moron
So I went scouting out for a vehicle this afternoon. I brought my dad along for advice. I found a pickup truck I'm leaning towards. Its in my price range. The sad thing is, it looked like it would be almost the exact same color as the stripe running down the ambulance at one of the volunteer rescues I belong to.

That, and I think once the dealer looks at my last name, then looks at the color of the truck, he might just start shaking his head. My last name would be a pretty fair description of that color.

At least this is a dealer that comes highly recommended. A couple of my dad's coworkers have bought from him for years, and one of them is actually on his third vehicle. I ran the year, make, model, mileage, and engine size by my brother-in-law and he's giving a thumbs up.

Well, L&s asked a good question,
You will want to stay away from the Ford Ranger,that one of Ford's worst vehicles, however, the F series, probably some of the best work trucks around.
That's all I know, I've always been a die hard Ford fan.

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
Hey now Rangers are decent little trucks. My first 2 trucks were Rangers.

I'd love to find a mid 90s Splash or non-Splash with the Splash suspension. 2nd choice is '01-02( think that's the right years) FX4.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
The only Ford I would willing take is the Raptor.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
I've got to agree with shfd. My first truck was a ranger. Drive that thing into the ground for 7 years. When I sold it, I had somewhere over 200k miles on it (odometer broke, so not sure exactly). The only thing I ever had to do to it (minus oil changes and brake replacements) was replace the timing belt. As much as I wanted it to, that little :censored::censored::censored::censored: would not break down.

However... Anything on that truck that wasn't necessary to drive was broken. No AC. No heater. Passenger door couldn't open. Didn't need the keys at all to start it. The roof lining looked like a cat shredded it. And the last year I had it, the entire front dash was ripped out (including AC vents) from someone stealing my radio :lol:

But I never had to worry about it not starting :p

JPINFV

Gadfly
I need help... convincing my sister that Russia didn't shoot down that damn meteorite.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I need help... convincing my sister that Russia didn't shoot down that damn meteorite.

You're right...it was either North Korea or Iran. :p

JPINFV

Gadfly
You're right...it was either North Korea or Iran. :p
yourenothelping.jpg

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader

Feel better now that you got a chance to use another meme?

But have her watch the videos on youtube about it...none of them show a contrail heading upwards on an intercept course for the meteorite

JPINFV

Gadfly
Feel better now that you got a chance to use another meme?

But have her watch the videos on youtube about it...none of them show a contrail heading upwards on an intercept course for the meteorite
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-octPHs9gcs[/YOUTUBE]

MustBeTrue.jpg

Trashtruck

Forum Captain
Meh, my legs/knees never really touch the ground anyway; out of habit I just always squat.

I wear shorts, too. I'm unusually flexible for a guy(yes, bring on the comments hahaha) so if I have to get on the ground, which is usually only for intubation(I can simply squat like a catcher to do everything else), only a knee or buttock touches the ground.

Rhonda

Forum Lieutenant
Got pulled off my truck today to do another out of town transport to LA. 2 out of town transports on top of 8 days straight, this is going to be an amazing paycheck. I can't wait!

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief
Had a very young guy today who collapsed with what turned out to be a massive sub arachnoid haemorrhage, he is not expected to live.

Then had another guy who was in a road crash and had significant injuries.

Man some people are just unlucky!