the 100% directionless thread

Anjel

Forum Angel
My cousin was moved to a bigger hospitals neuro ICU. No change.

GCS of 5
No frontal lobe activity.
100% dependent on a vent.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Downside to attending a small liberal arts school:

You can't write a public health policy paper for your political science thesis just because political science happens to be the closest thing to a public health major.

Professor wants me to write about theories of marginalization and why proportionality is not effective in improving minority health struggles.

I want to write about prehospital use of thrombolytics in rural areas and improving access to specialty care.

He doesn't know what that is.

You can guess what happens next...

I wrote about the economics of trauma care for a healthcare economics class :p

Of course, I had to do a page of explanation as to what the differences between EMRs, EMTs, and paramedics are...

Liberal arts FTW my good sir! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
Nothing quite prepares you for the weekend like doing pushups in the snow with hail blowing in your face.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Nothing quite prepares you for the weekend like doing pushups in the snow with hail blowing in your face.

You were the one who wanted to be a fireman. Just think, you could be sitting on a street corner in your busted down ambulance, picking up skells.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
My cousin was moved to a bigger hospitals neuro ICU. No change.

GCS of 5
No frontal lobe activity.
100% dependent on a vent.
Sorry to hear that he hasn't improved. :(

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief
Had some guy on Friday who had a traumatic amputation of one of his legs in a road crash, just thinking about that is horrible.

Oh and apparently there will be a slot on green watch in April if I want it, I dunno, things aren't so bad where I am ...

Summit

Critical Crazy

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I'm bored. Day 3 and I think we've done 8 calls total...everyone else is getting run into the ground, not sure how we're avoiding it. This post is getting really old, only so much time can be spent watching TV...

nemedic

Forum Captain
Side note: Before I saw the trailer & poster for it, a friend had me convinced that the movie "28 Days Later" was about this exact topic.

I was quite confused when I kept hearing how awesome it was from my male friends. :blink:

That's funny. I thought the exact same thing as I was watching the movie.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Bored out of my redheaded mind, what to do .....

Always a dangerous question, especially if it immediately follows a payday....

Today launches the last five days of teaching protocol update class, next Sunday they launch, time for a short breather after that :cool:.

Outbac1

Forum Asst. Chief
Blizzard today. Already 20cm (8in) down and high winds gusting 80 - 100 kph (50-60mph). Should make going to work tonight fun. Another 15 - 20cm expected. Oh well could always be worse. I could be in Boston.

CritterNurse

Forum Captain
I just got home. I sat up at the firehouse all night with another EMT in case we got any calls. Both of us were there of our own free-will. It was a very uneventful night. Heard all sorts of calls for neighboring communities, but no tones after sunset.

The bad news? I had to wade through snow drifts that were above my waist almost the entire length of my driveway, and then kick the snow away from the front door so I could open it to get inside.

I've now been up for over 24 hours, and as soon as I wind down, I'll be in for a good long sleep.

-_- zZzZzZ

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Although I don't like the winter months I do love the fact that our population increases almost 2 times which means we add on more units. In order staff those extra units the company offers double time.

Winter time = twice my normal EMT rate :cool:

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
That's funny. I thought the exact same thing as I was watching the movie.
I thought 28 days later was a very boring movie. I like 28 weeks later better.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Posted in the middle of nowhere again...

I think we've run all of 8 calls this week, last night shift then back to days. I don't get how you rural guys do it. I'm ready to shoot myself out of boredom.

Veneficus

Forum Chief

I think we've run all of 8 calls this week, last night shift then back to days. I don't get how you rural guys do it. I'm ready to shoot myself out of boredom.

Take your school work, videogame machine, etc and get paid to do that.

Now and again you will be interrupted by a call. Try not to let that affect you too much when you go back to whatever hobby or career advancement activity you are being paid for.

Hunter

Forum Asst. Chief

I wish... I haven't posted in weeks... If I do I'm usually chugging coffee, reading emtlife or studying. Used to bring my laptop but don't get to post enough to use it anymore.