the 100% directionless thread

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I just saw a heavy set black man on Cops. Ergo, it must be Chris Dorner. Granted, it's TV, but it's a much better match than the 2 Hispanic women or the white dude that the LAPD and Torrence PD tried to murder earlier this week.

Well from what the news was saying (everyone trusts the news) the 2 ladies were driving their truck slowly with their headlights on. Granted they shouldn't have started shooting right away (I do understand why they did) but it was a little suspicious.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Well from what the news was saying (everyone trusts the news) the 2 ladies were driving their truck slowly with their headlights on. Granted they shouldn't have started shooting right away (I do understand why they did) but it was a little suspicious.

The 2 ladies were delivering newspapers, which makes it completely reasonable if they end up pulling into a driveway because they won't be shining the headlights into people's houses. It still doesn't change the fact that if it was anyone but at least 7 police officers who opened fire on a truck (and "truck" is about all that matches), they'd be facing attempted murder charges. Instead, all those 7 officers are going to get is a paid vacation.

As it stands now, the police are more dangerous to the general public than Christopher Dorner ever was.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
The 2 ladies were delivering newspapers, which makes it completely reasonable if they end up pulling into a driveway because they won't be shining the headlights into people's houses. It still doesn't change the fact that if it was anyone but at least 7 police officers who opened fire on a truck (and "truck" is about all that matches), they'd be facing attempted murder charges. Instead, all those 7 officers are going to get is a paid vacation.

As it stands now, the police are more dangerous to the general public than Christopher Dorner ever was.

Agree 100% on the second part. And now rumors are floating around that customs and border patrol are using drones to hunt him down. This should get interesting.

However I've never seen anyone delivering newspapers that pull into drive ways. The ones I've seen always just toss them from the car into the driveway/front yard.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Agree 100% on the second part. And now rumors are floating around that customs and border patrol are using drones to hunt him down. This should get interesting.

I think it's confirmed. I want to believe (and will believe until otherwise reported) that by "hunting him down" they mean "flying over vast expanses of nothingness using FLIR" and not "arm hellfire missile... fire!" I'm not personally against such... limited... uses of drone surveillance.

However I've never seen anyone delivering newspapers that pull into drive ways. The ones I've seen always just toss them from the car into the driveway/front yard.

To be fair, I'm generally not awake at that hour of the morning, but back in the late 90s when my family received a daily paper, it was a bunch of people standing in the back of a truck with high wood walls. However, again, the problem is blatantly opening up into the rear of a truck, regardless of how suspicious it may appear.

BCyfS4ZCAAETzsk.jpg

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Looking for an interesting watch on Netflix? Check out "the green wing" it's a British comedy that's a little like an R rated scrubs.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I think it's confirmed. I want to believe (and will believe until otherwise reported) that by "hunting him down" they mean "flying over vast expanses of nothingness using FLIR" and not "arm hellfire missile... fire!" I'm not personally against such... limited... uses of drone surveillance.

To be fair, I'm generally not awake at that hour of the morning, but back in the late 90s when my family received a daily paper, it was a bunch of people standing in the back of a truck with high wood walls. However, again, the problem is blatantly opening up into the rear of a truck, regardless of how suspicious it may appear.

BCyfS4ZCAAETzsk.jpg

I'm shocked with how many bullet holes were in the truck and how neither of them was critically hit.

Back of the truck looked like it got hit with bird shot.

I guess my week night plans of hiking in the mountains alone will have to wait until another day

Last edited by a moderator:

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston

BCyfS4ZCAAETzsk.jpg

The guy that delivers the paper to my condo building (who is the most reliable paper delivery guy ever fyi) is a young African American guy name Lawrence. He runs in, runs up one stairway while hurling papers in every direction out of a big bag he carries. Runs across the upper floor at full speed then runs down the far staircase and then runs all the way back out. All of this at 4am. The first time I saw him do it all I could think was, wow some sleepy redneck is going to unload a 30 round clip on this poor kid one day and this being Texas they probably won't even send an officer.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Well, we already know who is going to play Dorner in the movie..

Christopher Dorner
Christopher+Dorner.jpg

LL Cool J
ll-cool-j-ncis-1-300.jpg

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Well, we already know who is going to play Dorner in the movie..

Christopher Dorner
Christopher+Dorner.jpg

LL Cool J
ll-cool-j-ncis-1-300.jpg

When I first saw his picture on the news that's exactly who I thought they were talking about :rofl:

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks they look a lot alike.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
First call of the new shift bid with my new partner was a witnessed arrest. BLS within 3.5 minutes of him hitting the ground, we showed up and got the first defib on board within 5.

VF -> slow PEA at 40 x2 -> PEA at 150 -> VF x2 -> ST and maintained it, hasn't rearrested. 100% occluded circumflex. Epi x3, narcan x2, 300 mg amio bolus and a 150 drip, had to restrain him in the back because he started grabbing for the King and IV/IO lines. Wanted to sedate him but he was profoundly hypotensive at 70/P and didn't have time to hang dope then sedate him in the 3 mile transport. GCS of 7 upon arrival to the ED (1/1/5), PERRL, fighting the vent ETCO2 of 30 (down from ~45 intra-arrest). Docs gave him a good prognosis. Hoping I'll be able to go see him on Thursday when I work and potentially even have a conversation with him.

Wanted to kick myself for not getting our hypothermia protocol instituted, just didn't have time and somehow ended up with two basics in the back with me because the only I was the operator. Nothing against basics but I'm trying to capture a 12-lead, start a second line, hang amio, hang dope, draw and give versed, place the continuous temp probe for the MRx and get ice packs in place. Just didn't have time. All I got done was the IV (already had an IO) amio drip and the 12-lead.

12-lead showed massive depression in the lateral leads. Should've done a 15 and activated the STEMI protocol but see the above paragraph about time.

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief
I'd say the Paramedic hiding out of view is going to get suffocated with a bio hazard bag for making his partner clean the ambulance

clare.png

Therefore, to avoid future legal complications, I shall be going to bed :D

Hunter

Forum Asst. Chief
I'd say the Paramedic hiding out of view is going to get suffocated with a bio hazard bag for making his partner clean the ambulance

clare.png

Weirdo's form the lower half of the world... bench is on the wrong side of the ambulance.

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse

clare.png

I can't tell if you're tiny or the Ambulance is huge

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Last shift, my partner and I were talking and I stated how I had actually never had a femur fracture / used the traction splint, despite being in EMS as long as I have.

Low and behold, 10 hours later, head on MVC with a femur fracture. Sadly traction splint was a no go, but man did I fix him up GOOD with fentanyl, traction splint wouldn't have added anything. Infact, the physician cleared me giving 300 mcg of Fent... even though all I wanted was 100 more fent + 2mg Versed. :D

Hunter

Forum Asst. Chief
I can't tell if you're tiny or the Ambulance is huge

looking at the stretcher, I say she's tiny

I think we may pull off a no hitter for this shift. Over halfway done and no calls.

You're about to get :censored::censored::censored::censored: on after that comment.

SeanEddy

Forum Lieutenant
Last shift, my partner and I were talking and I stated how I had actually never had a femur fracture / used the traction splint, despite being in EMS as long as I have.

Low and behold, 10 hours later, head on MVC with a femur fracture. Sadly traction splint was a no go, but man did I fix him up GOOD with fentanyl, traction splint wouldn't have added anything. Infact, the physician cleared me giving 300 mcg of Fent... even though all I wanted was 100 more fent + 2mg Versed. :D

We don't even carry 300 Fent. Sounds like a good call.