the 100% directionless thread

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
It's been confirmed, my partner today does not like me...

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Oh sweet jebus, JB Weld in the beard is harder to get rid of than anything I've ever experienced including Jehovahs Witness and used car salesmen.

On the plus side, I discovered how Chuck Norris' beard gets its power

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
http://allnurses.com/

Of_course_Funnyjunk_is_better_I_m_just_sayin_that_there_cb7da5cc6791f6cd742ce69a35d7cf5a.jpg

I get too many warnings on that website. Apparently they don't appreciate my loveable and charming personality like people do here.

Last edited by a moderator:

med51fl

Forum Lieutenant
Ugh. Job hunting sucks. I really like where I'm working, but the fiancé is going to be applying for jobs in Orlando. I would really love to be in central Florida, but that is a terrible place to find a job as a medic. That is where we want to be long term though, so...

Rural-Metro in Central Florida just posted an opening for a full time paramedic in case you are interested.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Over the course of my past few "slow" shifts, I've determined that it's probably best to just go home on the slow days to save money. Otherwise, I just end up having too much time on my hands to research more things to spend my money on. Case and point, my newest research today:

1911-Carry-Scorpion-detail-Hero.jpg

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Over the course of my past few "slow" shifts, I've determined that it's probably best to just go home on the slow days to save money. Otherwise, I just end up having too much time on my hands to research more things to spend my money on. Case and point, my newest research today:

1911-Carry-Scorpion-detail-Hero.jpg

Nice, but on the pricey side.

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Star of Life on the back? I almost bought a jumpsuit/flight suit at my old job...because their uniform policy was so vague...and it didn't say I couldn't wear a flight suit.

Uh.... No
As of now it is plain. They are sending me patches for the front and back. I think the back one says medic and the front one has the company logo.

I'm a big fan of the "Medic Onsie". We have two different types, a heavyweight for the winter and a light, thinner weight for summer.

They're pretty awesome.

they provide us with a summer one. We either have to layer of buy a winter one. WE do get 25% off though. I never want to go back to a white or any dress shirt again.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
y6y6y4yj.jpg

My kid was quote on the front page of our local newspaper. She gave a speech to the town council about our poor water quality and it struck a nerve. Woot!

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Uh.... No
As of now it is plain. They are sending me patches for the front and back. I think the back one says medic and the front one has the company logo.

Just curious, is the suit Nomex or otherwise flame retardant? Or do you still have to put on something over it for extrication, etc.?

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
It isn't nomex, but it is flame and cut resistant.

Cool!

Unrelated -- anybody have any interesting books that they're reading currently? I'm looking for my next non-fiction read.

Epi-do

I see dead people
Cool!

Unrelated -- anybody have any interesting books that they're reading currently? I'm looking for my next non-fiction read.

What sort of topics are you interested in? I am reading something that I think is interesting, but I am fairly certain, due to the specific audience it is written for, you wouldn't think the same.

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Cool!

I haven't read any non-fiction lately, but I just finished Jack Higgins' Pay the Devil, pretty good book. Last nonfiction I read was the Guns of August which is a rather old book, but it was still pretty good. It's completely about the earlier parts of world war 1.
Another unrelated note: Why do magazines always send me flyers for good deals :( I already have 7 magazines that I get each month... Just bought another 5 between Cycle world, popular mechanics, auto week, motor trend and car and driver (it expired last month. Already had it.)
I have issues (pun intended).

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Cool!

Wireshark Network Analysis

Yeah, I'm a geek.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Nice, but on the pricey side.

It's true, considering I just bought a new pistol, and am gonna buy a new rifle this month, I couldn't justify spending $1k on another pistol :p