the 100% directionless thread

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
Getting our butts handed to us today. Call after call. Status level 0 (aka all units are on a call). Put in a mutual aid for county fire and request denied (like usual). So we are having 911 calls stacking up and units responding from 30+ miles away.

Gonna be a long shift. Only 8 more hours to go.

How the hell can a mutual aid request be denied?

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
Easy, if the mutual aid agreement allows the agency to refused based on available units, actual call volume, or expected call volume based on time of day or weather.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
How the hell can a mutual aid request be denied?

It's county fire so they can do whatever they want. But when they need mutual aid we have to provide if we can (even if we only have 1 unit available).

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Time to renegotiate.

JPINFV

Gadfly
We can't expect fire fighters to miss the big football game, or not get 8 hours of sleep at night.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Got this bad boy for Christmas. All mounted up and ready to go for tomorrow, just need to stop and get a mini SD card. 4+ feet from the last storm, got a break for one day then 2 more feet forecasted for overnight tonight :D Gonna ride all morning tomorrow then work at 1630. Hopefully it stays calm tomorrow night so I can nap hah.

ugyde5yd.jpg

Achilles

Forum Moron
Got this bad boy for Christmas. All mounted up and ready to go for tomorrow, just need to stop and get a mini SD card. 4+ feet from the last storm, got a break for one day then 2 more feet forecasted for overnight tonight :D Gonna ride all morning tomorrow then work at 1630. Hopefully it stays calm tomorrow night so I can nap hah.

ugyde5yd.jpg

4' of powder, that's nice! Don't use an arctic cat tho :p

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
We have to have two units staffed and in quarters to send on mutual aid requests. It's often a no.

At all my 911 jobs (and volunteer services) we'd always go if the County sends us as "mutual aid" to cover another stations call.

One service, though, has 5 trucks and almost never fails to respond. That service will occasionally raise a ruckus AFTER a call - an example being a 3am BLS Emergency Transfer hospital-hospital after 3 squads failed by choice. County skipped to us because they knew we'd do it. Our crew did it, but we made a stink afterwards, and it hasn't happened since. That same service will occasionally do routine transports - that requires multiple available crews in station and the right insurance, etc. so it's rare.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
I know. I guess I never realized how confusing it was. On tapatalk it looked like I had replied in threads. :/

They were actually slightly different, I think. But it did get more confusing after your name turned red.

On tapatalk, the ones that bug me are the ones with NO avatar! :)

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief

ugyde5yd.jpg

What do you ride? I'm guessing a snow mobile since you're talking about snow, haha.

I've had my eye on an '07 Triumph Scrambler for a while, now. Just been trying to find affordable insurance and then it's bye bye to the Trans Am, been waiting forever to get to say that, lol. I hate that car with a passion, I've put 10k in parts in it, in the last 7 months alone. 15k total since I've owned it, which will be officially one year in 2 days.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
At all my 911 jobs (and volunteer services) we'd always go if the County sends us as "mutual aid" to cover another stations call.

One service, though, has 5 trucks and almost never fails to respond. That service will occasionally raise a ruckus AFTER a call - an example being a 3am BLS Emergency Transfer hospital-hospital after 3 squads failed by choice. County skipped to us because they knew we'd do it. Our crew did it, but we made a stink afterwards, and it hasn't happened since. That same service will occasionally do routine transports - that requires multiple available crews in station and the right insurance, etc. so it's rare.

We go NUA 2-3 times every day, and cover a 500 sq mile county with 2 medic units and third from a single-pull station. A single accident on the interstate dispatched with >2 pts or entrapment will dump the whole county.

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
It's county fire so they can do whatever they want. But when they need mutual aid we have to provide if we can (even if we only have 1 unit available).

This is even more funny because county fire's ambulance service technically illegal. Only two services have contracts and agreements with county for ALS 911 transport: AMR and Idyllwild Fire.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
This is even more funny because county fire's ambulance service technically illegal. Only two services have contracts and agreements with county for ALS 911 transport: AMR and Idyllwild Fire.

Not according to REMSA. Cat city, Indio fire, and the cove medics (also fire departments) are able to. There are also some others like CHP Air rescue ops.

http://www.remsa.us/policy/8102.pdf

They are listed under ALS transport agencies.

Last edited by a moderator:

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
What do you ride? I'm guessing a snow mobile since you're talking about snow, haha.

I've had my eye on an '07 Triumph Scrambler for a while, now. Just been trying to find affordable insurance and then it's bye bye to the Trans Am, been waiting forever to get to say that, lol. I hate that car with a passion, I've put 10k in parts in it, in the last 7 months alone. 15k total since I've owned it, which will be officially one year in 2 days.

Yea that's about time to get rid of that car haha.

Yea it's a '12 Skidoo Summit 800r 154". She's a beast. So much snow in the last week, best christmas ever haha. Waiting for a can and a rear axle kit. I've got some big plans for her but I'm going to have to replace the jeep before that and I want to put some miles on her before I start really tinkering.

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Yea that's about time to get rid of that car haha.

Yea it's a '12 Skidoo Summit 800r 154". She's a beast. So much snow in the last week, best christmas ever haha. Waiting for a can and a rear axle kit. I've got some big plans for her but I'm going to have to replace the jeep before that and I want to put some miles on her before I start really tinkering.

All of the parts weren't necessarily 100 percent needed. Most were though. I bought it at 39k miles for 3 grand and I've put it to 51k now. It sat for like 13 years in storage (from 99 to 12), so that's where most of my problems are from, everythings dry rotted, especially out here in AZ.
I've always wanted to ride a snow mobile, but I've never once even seen snow, so... Little hard, haha. All we get is sand and mud, which is still pretty fun, lol

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
Not according to REMSA. Cat city, Indio fire, and the cove medics (also fire departments) are able to. There are also some others like CHP Air rescue ops.

http://www.remsa.us/policy/8102.pdf

They are listed under ALS transport agencies.

Look here...per state law all transport providers must have these contracts

http://www.rivcoems.org/downloads/downloads_contracts/09IFPDcontract.pdf

http://www.rivcoems.org/downloads/downloads_contracts/0907AMRAmendmentPacketWeb.pdf

County fire has no ambulance agreement with county EMS. They exist and operate because of political pressures.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Isn't there some weird thing with government services that predate the LEMSA system?