the 100% directionless thread

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
What is he thing at the bottom of the photo?

Bahahahaha!

Those are a group of dinosaurs. The little one is very into the small plastic dinosaurs. She never has fewer than 2 within reach.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
I really dislike comparing my protocols to evidence-based medicine literature...which, I often find, cannot be understood by many of my "superiors," as they just can't read a journal article to save their lives...

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Thankful to be home tonight, waiting for these punk children to give it up and go to sleep. I discovered an audio recording device planted behind the Christmas tree. They might look cute but they are far from innocent.

The little one looks like trouble.

Last edited by a moderator:

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
I really dislike comparing my protocols to evidence-based medicine literature...which, I often find, cannot be understood by many of my "superiors," as they just can't read a journal article to save their lives...

Are your "superiors" promoted based on years of experience or education? Without at least some college education, especially statistics, I bet it would be very hard to actually understand EBM literature. Luckily I had to take a "Nursing Research" class which really helped.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Are your "superiors" promoted based on years of experience or education? Without at least some college education, especially statics, I bet it would be very hard to actually understand EBM literature. Luckily I had to take a "Nursing Research" class which really helped.

I doubt there's more than a single stats class worth of experience among them...but what do I know, I'm just an EMT :p

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Christmas time in Jonestown. Hahaha

That reference is wasted on the younger members.

That went so far over my head I don't even think I saw it as it went by :rofl:

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
We have had 2 MVAs in an hour.

One pt refused who is scheduled for surgery Thursday for a dissecting aorta. The doctor told her as long as she keeps her Bp down she was ok to be home till Thursday. Her BP was 180/126.

2 ER docs talked to her and she still refused.

Isn't illegal to be stupid.

If you are too dumb and/or stubborn to understand the biggest blood vessel in your body is falling apart and your BP is obnoxiously high which is increasing that risk and possibly expediting the process, even after having multiple health care providers including a pair of doctors explain it to you, I have no sympathy when you wake up dead as a doornail.

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
I want it noted for the record that I got the reference and I am not old.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

JDub

Forum Lieutenant
Pretty jealous of my friend. He had a call earlier where the patient ended up having a STEMI with Takotsubo.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Pretty jealous of my friend. He had a call earlier where the patient ended up having a STEMI with Takotsubo.

You mean it was Takotuso instead of a STEMI? Pretty sure its impossible to have both.

Just give them some Benzos

Aidey

I'm sure it is possible to have both, just very, very unlikely.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

You mean it was Takotuso instead of a STEMI? Pretty sure its impossible to have both

I'm sure it is possible to have both, just very, very unlikely.

Occam's Razor! :rofl:

STEMI protocol activated only to have a clean cath is my bet.

Aidey

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Pretty much.

Didn't you have one of these cases a while back?

So I thought my shoulder was sore but I'm starting to think I might've tweaked it.... my ROM sucks in my left shoulder.

Aidey

Yup. One of the nastiest looking 12 leads I've ever seen.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Occam's Razor! :rofl:

STEMI protocol activated only to have a clean cath is my bet.

That would be my guess as well but that means it would be Tako instead of a STEMI not a STEMI with Tako.

One of the defining criteria for Tako is a clean cardiac cath which would be impossible in a true STEMI. I am sure a patient could have apical wall ballooning similar to Tako with a STEMI but then that would be like a ventricular aneurysm r/t the MI, not Tako. Or something like that :wacko:

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
That would be my guess as well but that means it would be Tako instead of a STEMI not a STEMI with Tako.

Yea.

Like Aidey said, I don't see why you couldn't have both at once if you were a real unlucky individual. That'd be a real bad day hah