the 100% directionless thread

Unhappy turkey day here...

Covered in this god awful allergic reaction type rash that isn't getting better.

Been taking benadryl and using cortico creams with no relief...

Called in sick yesterday but I can't call in today and let someone get mandated and screwed out of being with their family.

You should go to your local urgent care and ask for a shot of Medrol. They gave me something of that nature when I had hives. It was gone in ten minutes.

You should go to your local urgent care and ask for a shot of Medrol. They gave me something of that nature when I had hives. It was gone in ten minutes.

Honestly as long as it has lasted I don't think he has an allergic reaction. Might need to start looking at other conditions.

Btw this is not medical advice as I am not a doctor.... yet

I'm not getting paid and I'm eating dinner with my pets, so I'll still trade you.

Just don't mix up the food. :D
You mean you couldn't volunteer/swap? Usually someone wants off.

I've got you both beat. We've got an AutoVent 3000.

Google "ALS CareVent".

Yea...that's what we get to deal with, although idk if an Eagle is much better :D

Actually, they are both, essentially, timed demand valves. The Carevent also has a manual mode.

IMHO, using either on a patient WITH a respiratory drive is cruel.

I've got Autovent 3K's on all my trucks, both 911 and transport. They are nice for arrests.

At the transport gig, we rock LTV's. Seeing as I'm the only one on today, I elected to take the RN's LTV 1200, instead of my usual LTV 1000. Why? Because I'm special.

Btw this is not medical advice as I am not a doctor.... yet

But have you ever stayed at a Holiday Inn Express? Because I've heard there might be exceptions for that.

:ph34r:

Just don't mix up the food. :D
You mean you couldn't volunteer/swap? Usually someone wants off.

I was originally supposed to work today, and then 3 weeks ago I switched shifts and it didn't occur to me to trade someone. Plus no one posted anything on the shift trade board about wanting a trade.

Bummer.

Well, you've got your dysfunctional family here to keep you company.

Well, you've got your dysfunctional family here to keep you company.

Is it bad that I'm closer with my partner at work than I am with my own brother?

To the point that I'd rather spend the day talking :censored::censored::censored::censored: and running calls than dealing with the drama that is my family...

I would love an LTV. But our higher ups were told they were crap so we're stuck with these.

The flight crews here all use LTVs and love em. Never heard a complaint about them from any users I've talked to.

I just finished a run this mornign with an LTV 1200. I love this thing. much better than the Eagle I used in Texas when I worked in Pecos

So I just got my schedule for December at my 911 job... I'm stuck working December 24,25,31,1-1-13... Looks like I will literally have worked every holiday this year (except Halloween)... great.

I'm in the same boat. I'm not high enough on the seniority list to get Christmas off.

I'm in the same boat. I'm not high enough on the seniority list to get Christmas off.

That's the crappy thing... at my 911 job I HAVE the seniority to get it off... but because I don't have kids or a sig other here... I was told that I'm working it to give those with kids a day off... Ok, I get that for Xmas... but what's their excuse for NYE?

I have a card of medrol oral tablets I took it upon myself to start taking today. (Orthopedist gave it to me a while back)

Dermatologist said its some form of contact dermatitis and if it doesn't get better he was going to prescribe me prednisone. Sadly it's a holiday and he is not reachable... Methylprednisolone will have to suffice.

Hypothetically speaking if I had a vial of dexamethasone in my drawer I could probably try that too last resort.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Amazingly I don't have to work today!

Be safe if you are out there working the streets today.

Oh shut up. I was just coming here it whine about the incessant thanksgiving posts on facebook and you start that crap here. Not cool.

Oh shut up. I was just coming here it whine about the incessant thanksgiving posts on facebook and you start that crap here. Not cool.

Happy turkey day aidey!

Happy thanksgiving Aidey!!

Go up a few posts and see how I am spending my day. And then you can come back and apologize.

Y'all better hope she doesn't remember this when she becomes a CL...:rofl:

Back