Community Leader
Isn't he a forum member?
tigger.jpg

Methinks I should change his avatar to that. :p

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Hmm USAGPAN has a 3 year CRNA/DNP program. 5 years military service doesn't sound so bad.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Is all these links I am seeing on certain words new?

I thought advertising was only going to be for people not signed in?

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
I'm not seeing any linked words.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Is all these links I am seeing on certain words new?

I thought advertising was only going to be for people not signed in?

Some web browsers do that. Are you using Internet Explorer or a browser with an MSN/Yahoo toolbar?

CritterNurse

Forum Captain
Neither am I. I think some adware programs do that though. I'd suggest doing a scan with an adware removal tool such as adaware or spybot. At best, it will fix the problem. At worst, its free and should do no harm.

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
3 days until my CPAT. Can't wait to get it all over with and hopefully burn some vacation time.

Aidey

Define small.

Aidey

Why isn't it your style? Depending on the patient a 20 or 22 can be entirely appropriate.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
anything smaller than an 18.

So, what's the problem?

I put 20s in all my patients unless I expect they will need blood, then I will go for an 18. And in some patients the best I can do is a 22. I also never use the AC.

Last edited by a moderator:

rmabrey

Forum Asst. Chief
Why isn't it your style? Depending on the patient a 20 or 22 can be entirely appropriate.
seem to have a higher success rate. also seems to be that way for almost all of my coworkers. guess its just personal preference

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
seem to have a higher success rate. also seems to be that way for almost all of my coworkers. guess its just personal preference

No offense, that is a horrible reason / rationale. Do you know the flow rates between the various gauges? How frequently will you truly max out even a 20?

And if the RNs are putting them in, why does it matter that you seem to have a higher success rate?

Do you go for any other site other than the AC?

Last edited by a moderator:

rmabrey

Forum Asst. Chief
No offense, that is a horrible reason / rationale. Do you know the flow rates between the various gauges? How frequently will you truly max out even a 20?

Do you go for any other site other than the AC?

yes. probably never. and yes

medic417

The Truth Provider
Guess I never realized before that nurses love small IV's. That's not my style

No you are going smaller. Everyone knows 22 is bigger then 16. ( Actually had an experienced RN tell me that. )

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
For us the hospitals like 18g or 20g as the smallest. If we bring in anyone with smaller then that the nurses like to tease us. But we tease the nurses back if they can only get small ones in.

The 2 most used in my service are the 18g and 20g.