the 100% directionless thread

Got to assist with an exploratory laparotomy yesterday. Sometimes 30hr surgery call can be cool.

Chicago fire is officially one of the worst shows I have ever watched.

Trauma was better.

Bring back Rescue Me...

Trauma was better.

Bring back Rescue Me...

Nah it isnt quite as bad as Trauma..

Still missing Rescue Me and Third Watch. I want to think Third Watch got more things right but its been a long time since Ive seen it.

Apple products are overrated....

Just curious. In trauma, or even minor cuts / scrapes, there would be a spike in WBC's correct? As a preventative measure to stop infection before it spreads.

Nothing that you will see in lab work depending on the severity.

In other news, even though we had a couple vented transports back to back and a late call I still have no complaints. Partner that's easy on the eyes and cool to boot then dinner and beers with said partner. On the downside I just realized that my normal work week starts tomorrow and I'm still looking at 4 12s before this 6 day week is over...

Partner that's easy on the eyes and cool to boot then dinner and beers with said partner.

Havnt you heard to keep work and play seperate? :P

Yay for a FB discussion on FFs and medics being called heroes..That quickly became a personal attack because I disagreed with that term being thrown toward FFs and medics so easily..We arent heroes.

You guys had it pretty good in MI didn't you? It was amazing here in WA and we were just on the fringe of it.

You know what you see when you look at the night sky in Houston? Not a damn thing, now stop bragging Yankees!

You guys had it pretty good in MI didn't you? It was amazing here in WA and we were just on the fringe of it.
Unfortunately, from where I live, it is hard to see the stars. I have seen the northern lights once in my entire life and ironicall, it was near where I live. the problem I have, is I'm south of Detroit, and Detroit has tons of street lights and building lights, and fires which make it difficult to see anything. Anjel is north of Detroit so, she may have seen something...

Is there a difference between an Spiral and Oblique fracture? They look the same in the pictures, ( a slanted fracture along the long axis of a bone) I just can't tell any difference.

Is there a difference between an Spiral and Oblique fracture? They look the same in the pictures, ( a slanted fracture along the long axis of a bone) I just can't tell any difference.

Yes there is. Spiral fractures twist along the long axis of the bone whereas an oblique fracture is more of a diagonal shearing.

Stupidly oversimplified

Maybe it's based on the forces applied?

6usegu4y.jpg

This is what I spent my morning wandering around and taking photos of :)

Unfortunately, from where I live, it is hard to see the stars. I have seen the northern lights once in my entire life and ironicall, it was near where I live. the problem I have, is I'm south of Detroit, and Detroit has tons of street lights and building lights, and fires which make it difficult to see anything. Anjel is north of Detroit so, she may have seen something...

I had no idea they were showing. I would of had an awesome view in Dryden lol

Finally assigned to my own ambulance. She ain't pretty but it'll work. A little cleaning and an air freshener and we will be good to go.

Finally assigned to my own ambulance. She ain't pretty but it'll work. A little cleaning and an air freshener and we will be good to go.

Does it have a Q
:p

Trauma was better.

Bring back Rescue Me...

Hey - anyone want to watch the first episode live and chat?

Back