the 100% directionless thread

If you live in the northern US, go outside if you can. The northern lights are amazing right now. Apparently there was some huge solar eruption a few days ago and it is reaching us tonight. It is rare to see it this well this far south.

Here is what I see right now. (Sorry, terrible image quality. Long exposure, forgot my tripod and had to set the camera on the hood of my truck.)

IMG_6863 by J Pitt1, on Flickr
di89pn

In OTEP, right now. Subject is TBI. The power point just said that the number one significant factor in reducing mortality and morbidity in TBI is knowledgeable dispatchers. And the survival rate is up in the post few years because dispatch centers are now vastly improved at recognizing TBI.

Say WHAT?

Most dispatchers I've met (and I used to be one) make me want to induce TBI in them.:ph34r:

These nurses are not happy they have two paramedics in their S.T.A.B.L.E course...

re

Haha tell em it's ok and you will just sit in the back and keep quiet with a big snicker.

Haha tell em it's ok and you will just sit in the back and keep quiet with a big snicker.

We are on the airway section and the instructor is loving us lol.

I just had to turn down a "free" 8hr cadaver lab tomorrow :(

These nurses are not happy they have two paramedics in their S.T.A.B.L.E course...

There was a rumor going around that we were going to be switching from NRP to S.T.A.B.L.E. for all of our medics. We will see.

OT on the transfer car today and did a BLS LDT yesterday that turned into me driving there then sleeping in the passenger seat on the trip home. Hello 20 hours of cake-walk time and a half :D

Originally Posted by TransportJockey<br />
<br />
<br />
There was a rumor going around that we were going to be switching from NRP to S.T.A.B.L.E. for all of our medics. We will see.<br />
<br />
OT on the transfer car today and did a BLS LDT yesterday that turned into me driving there then sleeping in the passenger seat on the trip home. Hello 20 hours of cake-walk time and a half :D
Our local AMR is mandating full-time paramedics get S.T.A.B.L.E courses done. And we have NRP later this month

What's S.T.A.B.L.E?

What's S.T.A.B.L.E?

It's a neonatal resus course, geared more towards critical care transport and hospital staff but still good info. Name is an acronym for Sugar Temperature Airway Blood Pressure Lab Work and Emotional Support

I just had to turn down a "free" 8hr cadaver lab tomorrow :(

Can I go in your place? :P

I have wanted to do a cadaver lab for a while, but I have had a hard time finding one that will allow individual students at reasonable prices.

Haha by all means! I'm not too terribly disappointed; I've already been to several this year. Wouldn't even know how to look for one to take as an individual though! I just manage to get invited all the time :D

Just curious. In trauma, or even minor cuts / scrapes, there would be a spike in WBC's correct? As a preventative measure to stop infection before it spreads.

You guys had it pretty good in MI didn't you? It was amazing here in WA and we were just on the fringe of it.

Back