the 100% directionless thread

You cannot cite wiki as a scientific source.

I use it sometimes to refresh details of things I may have forgotten but remember enough to see if it sounds reasonable.

If I use it for new information, i usually just click on the citation links and confer with at least one other source.

webmd is not for healthcare professional.

medscape is owned by webmd and is for healthcare professionals. You have to sign up for it though.

Reading a really interesting paper article on SIRS in neonates being caused by trauma during birth.

I never thought about that before... Sort of neat actually.

You cannot cite wiki as a scientific source.

I use it sometimes to refresh details of things I may have forgotten but remember enough to see if it sounds reasonable.

If I use it for new information, i usually just click on the citation links and confer with at least one other source.

webmd is not for healthcare professional.

medscape is owned by webmd and is for healthcare professionals. You have to sign up for it though.
Thanks again vene, you have been such a great help with my questions recently, I'm in class right now on my phone but when I get back to my desktop I have a question regarding stents and angioplasty.

Do any of you use Wikipedia, I hate it because people can edit it without being credible. My biology teacher mentioned phosphocreatine, and talked a little about how it was used to detect an AMI. I asked about it and he told me to search it on Wikipedia, just wondering if there are anymore more credible resources like webmd, emtlife or mayo.
Thanks
Andrew.

Nothing wrong with using Wiki for a quick look-up... just back it up with "credible" sources before relying on it.

I find Wiki dumbs complicated things down enough to get a good grasp on it.

Our excited dilirium patient from a couple of days ago ended up passing away. Hospital wasn't able to find out anymore info so now it's a corners case.

Here comes the news media...bummer

Here comes the news media...bummer

Just got off the phone with the police detectives giving a verbal record and account of what happened that day. They've already pulled our ePCR and are in the process of contacting the fire crew that responded with us.

Thanks again vene, you have been such a great help with my questions recently, I'm in class right now on my phone but when I get back to my desktop I have a question regarding stents and angioplasty.

Sure the other sites might have slicker graphics or better t shirts but we have Vene :) and of course lots of other great members. I'll take good people over slick graphics every time.

I wouldn't mind a cool tshirt though.

Sure the other sites might have slicker graphics or better t shirts but we have Vene :) and of course lots of other great members. I'll take good people over slick graphics every time.

I wouldn't mind a cool tshirt though.

Do any of you use Wikipedia, I hate it because people can edit it without being credible. My biology teacher mentioned phosphocreatine, and talked a little about how it was used to detect an AMI. I asked about it and he told me to search it on Wikipedia, just wondering if there are anymore more credible resources like webmd, emtlife or mayo.
Thanks
Andrew.
I know, this is a great site.
Except the infraction thing, I'm not a fan of that Although I am not sure if I quite understand it either. :beerchug:

My partner said she was flirting. I hope not as she was easily twice my age and not that attractive.

Last night I was tired and super southern sounding-usually it isn't noticeable.

I can sound super Alabama hick when I want to. Annoys the crap out of my wife.
cougar.jpg

Man vs train

Infant thrown off of a roof.

Stabbing

Dead on arrival x 3 weeks

Hip pain x13 years and couldn't take it anymore.

Can I go home now?

I know, this is a great site.
Except the infraction thing, I'm not a fan of that Although I am not sure if I quite understand it either. :beerchug:

Infraction issued for questioning infraction system.

Man vs train

Infant thrown off of a roof.

Stabbing

Dead on arrival x 3 weeks

Hip pain x13 years and couldn't take it anymore.

Can I go home now?

Ouch. You need a 10 dollar beer.

Just finished my S.T.A.B.L.E pre-test... this might just be interesting. Should help with the CCP class at any rate...

Oh holy hell chick.

Go home and take a couple days off.

Ugh I wish. I am home. School tomorrow. I am so mentally and physically exhausted.

Ugh I wish. I am home. School tomorrow. I am so mentally and physically exhausted.

This sentence is similar to how I feel. Pulling 12+ hours studying a day since friday. Exam tomorrow, home now and exhausted.

edit: though I think some of those things are worse. I'll drink a pint for you tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
In OTEP, right now. Subject is TBI. The power point just said that the number one significant factor in reducing mortality and morbidity in TBI is knowledgeable dispatchers. And the survival rate is up in the post few years because dispatch centers are now vastly improved at recognizing TBI.

Say WHAT?

Back