the 100% directionless thread

I have the theme song from Gilligan's Island stuck in my head.....

No pic

You-need-pants-to-fly.jpg

I think I am going to apply and test with Austin-Travis County EMS. I doubt I would get a slot, but supposedly they are hiring 40 people...

I started the last class of my bachelor's degree this week. I am a happy little monkey. :P

I've got six and two thirds left, The end is in sight.

After seeing how many "good news" posts there have been in this thread lately, it has made me realize that I spend too much time on Reddit when I keep looking for the "up vote" button. So I present all of you with this:

iUtOtQA9neX8D.gif

So I made #370 on the FDNY firefighter list.

They want to hire 320 in January 2013 so I need to pray 50+ people are not eligible or don't make the cut. Sucks. (there's a good chance of that)

All based on social security number and a personality test.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I made #370 on the FDNY firefighter list.

They want to hire 320 in January 2013 so I need to pray 50+ people are not eligible or don't make the cut. Sucks. (there's a good chance of that)

All based on social security number and a personality test.

Out of how many total?

Out of how many total?

From the EMS promotional candidates, 870.

In absolute total from people applying for the test, 40,800 roughly.
So technically im #370 of aprox. 40,800.

Sigh. Dear med-surg nurses, please review what a postictal period is.

From the EMS promotional candidates, 870.

In absolute total from people applying for the test, 40,800 roughly.
So technically im #370 of aprox. 40,800.

See. That's how you are supposed to look at it. You are in the top .90 (that's point 90) percent. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
See. That's how you are supposed to look at it. You are in the top .90 (that's point 90) percent. :)

Lol I am guaranteed to become a firefighter if I pass all the physical whatnot and I will destroy that in my shape but id prefer not to wait another 6-12 months for the next class.

Back