the 100% directionless thread

Anjel

Forum Angel
I'm doing a fundraiser for a medics mom who was just diagnosed with Stage 3b long cancer.

I have had places refuse to donate because it wasn't breast cancer.

Awesome.

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
I never understood why we care so much primarily about breast cancer.

There are so many forms of cancer out there each one devastating in its own right. The fact that someone won't donate based on lung cancer over breast cancer is wrong. Just say you don't want to donate at that point... (If it was induced by chronic smoking, then I can understand)

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
12hrs OT to sit outside a hospital and take people across the street for CT scans cuz their scanner is broke. Easy money.

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief

There are so many forms of cancer out there each one devastating in its own right. The fact that someone won't donate based on lung cancer over breast cancer is wrong. Just say you don't want to donate at that point... (If it was induced by chronic smoking, then I can understand)

I agree.

Anjel

Forum Angel
... (If it was induced by chronic smoking, then I can understand)

For what it's worth, it wasn't. It was caused by long term radon and asbestos exposure

SSwain

Forum Captain
Crap.

Car blew an intake manifold gasket yesterday...coolant pouring out as fast as I could fill it.
Got the quote to fix it...
About $1,200.00

We can't afford another car payment...so I'll fix the POS Pontiac until I can get something better.

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus

Because of the boobies. Seriously. Over the years I've become convinced that breast cancer awareness has become so popular because we are a bunch of juvenile nitwits who get excited over getting to wear things that say "Save the Ta-Tas and "Save the boobies".

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
Because of the boobies. Seriously. Over the years I've become convinced that breast cancer awareness has become so popular because we are a bunch of juvenile nitwits who get excited over getting to wear things that say "Save the Ta-Tas and "Save the boobies".

I'n not sure that that is the reason why it's become so popular. There is legitimate reason to fight against cancer and to suggest otherwise is a mis-characterization of...oh what am I saying?

you said boobies! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
ugh I'm tired of this abdominal pain. Stupid gallbladder. The attacks have been coming more frequently :(

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
Better recognize!

Now we just need to get that article to the 8 out of 10 balding men who think they're fooling people by sticking 7 hairs down.

you mean this isn't a good look? I would have thought the ladies love this sort of thing...

04_05_combover.jpg

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I saw Rise Against at Riot Fest in Dallas like 2 weeks back. They put on an amazing show.

It was a badass show. I haven't been to a show in a long time, I hurt all over and my ears are still ringing.

Oh how I've missed this haha

Anjel

Forum Angel
Holy cow dudes. No one has posted in here in a while.

Today starts my day off. And my desire was to not have to put on pants. But I suppose I should be a good friend and take my friend to get her upper GI scope done.

I wonder what their pants policy is...

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Nothing like pushing the stretcher down the hallway at a full sprint trying to make it to the ICU before the patient stops breathing. He desated into the 70s on a NRB @ 15lpm within 45 seconds of taking off the BPAP

CANDawg

Forum Asst. Chief
My first world problem of the day: Starbucks updated their iPhone app, but in their infinite wisdom decided to only include passbook support for the US.

Not cool, Starbucks. Not cool.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Dont you have a transport vent that does BiPap? Or a really long extension cord?