the 100% directionless thread

I think I am going to apply and test with Austin-Travis County EMS. I doubt I would get a slot, but supposedly they are hiring 40 people...

Go for it. Last group one of my paramedic's got in. I heard though that the group hired was all paramedics...that will be working at a basic level while they wait for a chance to move into a paramedic position.

After seeing how many "good news" posts there have been in this thread lately, it has made me realize that I spend too much time on Reddit when I keep looking for the "up vote" button. So I present all of you with this:

iUtOtQA9neX8D.gif
Dude, that is awesome.

Go for it. Last group one of my paramedic's got in. I heard though that the group hired was all paramedics...that will be working at a basic level while they wait for a chance to move into a paramedic position.

See I thought they only hired Paramedics, but actually they will hire any level for what they call "Field Medic I".

It would actually be a step up for me, I could actually give a few medications and do 12 leads on my own.

5150 somebody call the popo.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1349415601416.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1349415601416.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 225
See I thought they only hired Paramedics, but actually they will hire any level for what they call "Field Medic I".

It would actually be a step up for me, I could actually give a few medications and do 12 leads on my own.

As I understand it any level can apply for "Field Medic 1". If you are a current paramedic you won't be able to fully function as one however.

I gathered that so many current paramedics applied (since now this is the only way to become a paramedic with them) that was all they hired. Though it was a decent pay cut from paramedic pay elsewhere.

Someone call me when they come out with a 5250...

Yikes!

And that reminds me. I have a friend who works EMS in Cal, he says his favorite pts are the 5149.5 ones, not quite bad enough fire involuntary hold, but still way out there.

That's what stopped me from applying to ATCEMS. I don't want to drop back down to working BLS. :(

As I understand it any level can apply for "Field Medic 1". If you are a current paramedic you won't be able to fully function as one however.

I gathered that so many current paramedics applied (since now this is the only way to become a paramedic with them) that was all they hired. Though it was a decent pay cut from paramedic pay elsewhere.

Detroit EMS is the same way. But the pay is twice as good as any where else.

Just bought my 4th stethoscope. I have a problem

Yes. Please stop using them as screwdrivers.

I don't use them at all...they are just for show

I have a littmann classic from EMT class, a lightweight from nursing school, and then my cardiology III. I love my CIII, the audio quality is fantastic but the double sided tuneable diaphragm is not suited for how I use it. It was usefull when I did pediatrics (the smaller side is for Peds) and for trying to listen to bruits but I never really do that. The big draw back is the height of the head, it is just too cumbersome. Trying to maneuver it around the various inscisions, tubes, and wires that my patients usually have is nearly impossible. I will be upgrading to the Master Cardiology which is a single sided.

Ugh lots and lots of 12 leads for my CCP class. And on that note, I wound up with two more CCT calls this week :) My boss is just waiting for me to get my CCPC or FP-C so she can really put me to work lol.

Ugh lots and lots of 12 leads for my CCP class. And on that note, I wound up with two more CCT calls this week :) My boss is just waiting for me to get my CCPC or FP-C so she can really put me to work lol.

That's awesome! In jealous :(

That's awesome! In jealous :(

So far it's been right place, right time... Two trucks staffed w/ similarly trained medics, but my boss is sending me since I'm in CCP class right now. The joys of rural areas w/ flight not always available.

After seeing how many "good news" posts there have been in this thread lately, it has made me realize that I spend too much time on Reddit when I keep looking for the "up vote" button. So I present all of you with this:

iUtOtQA9neX8D.gif

Awesome :)

The happy pills are working! More Coolaide anyone :rolleyes:

Why are girls so hard to understand?

Man don't get me started!

Seriously I just stopped yesterday nobody wants me to start again :)

was usefull when I did pediatrics (the smaller side is for Peds)

I thought small side was for low sounds?

I used to have a friend in college who would try to make a, ahem "pipe" out of everything. It just occurred to me the small side on my LE would have him giggling with hand wringing glee.

Back