the 100% directionless thread

Mayor finally made it official. My last day of work is next Friday. Things really suck right now...

And if you look in the background, you can see BBG when he first started working for the airlines.

:rofl:

That explains it! The strangeness! He has PTSD from his first day on the job!

First day? Yeah try all of them

The woman in this picture was taken off one of our flights (yes she actually made it onboard) then tried to get a ticket on USAIRWAYS, true story.

These days I don't get PTSD, I give it :)

Mayor finally made it official. My last day of work is next Friday. Things really suck right now...

If one door closes, break some windows :) I suggest starting with the mayors.

Sending all the positive energy I have to spare your way epi :(

That sucks Epi, I'm sorry :(

I thought small side was for low sounds?

I us3d to have a friend in college who would try to make a, ahem "pipe" out of everything. It just occurred to me the small side on my LE would have him giggling with hand wringing glee.

The cardio 3 is 2 stethoscopes in one. Adult and ped. You can hear high and low from each side depending on the pressure you use.

The cardio 3 is 2 stethoscopes in one. Adult and ped. You can hear high and low from each side depending on the pressure you use.

Wow, fancy!

Thanks guys! Now, I need to figure out what my next move is going to be. I am thinking about talking to the local junior college. All I need to do is take 2 A&P classes to have my paramedic degree. Then I can do their medic to RN program. If I can do the two A&P classes this spring & summer, then I could conceivably be in the bridge class next fall. If I am doubly lucky, I could find a job in an ER and get them to pay for some of it.

Thanks guys! Now, I need to figure out what my next move is going to be. I am thinking about talking to the local junior college. All I need to do is take 2 A&P classes to have my paramedic degree. Then I can do their medic to RN program. If I can do the two A&P classes this spring & summer, then I could conceivably be in the bridge class next fall. If I am doubly lucky, I could find a job in an ER and get them to pay for some of it.

Can you take them online?

The A&P classes can be done online. The bridge program is on campus, I believe. However, it is set up so that they teach the same info 3 days in a row, so it is fire department friendly. It would also make it easier for me, if I was working 12 hour shifts at an ER, since you can pick the days you go to class based upon your work schedule.

The A&P classes can be done online. The bridge program is on campus, I believe. However, it is set up so that they teach the same info 3 days in a row, so it is fire department friendly. It would also make it easier for me, if I was working 12 hour shifts at an ER, since you can pick the days you go to class based upon your work schedule.

That is kind of cool. Must suck to be the teacher though. Teaching everything 3 times in a row must get old.

See you're already working on plan B and it sounds like it will be even better than plan A :) funny how that happens.

Not yet. I'll try to remember to take one in the morning. It's a Mercedes Sprinter, just went in service today.

Not yet. I'll try to remember to take one in the morning. It's a Mercedes Sprinter, just went in service today.

Nice. Love the sprinters. We just got 2 new Demers Sprinters a few weeks ago. Those are my new favorite. conversion.

Just delivered my first baby in the back of the Ambulance. Arrived at house contractions were 2 minutes apart :excl:

Loaded 30 minute drive to hospital, turned the stretcher around so the patient's legs were facing the airway seat, put our paramedic student in the catcher position. 10 minutes in to the trip he informs me she is crowning, after we had just timed contractions 1 minute apart, lasting about 40 seconds.

At first I was like

I-Have-No-Idea-What-Im-Doing-8.jpg

After a few contractions of its head sliding in and out, out came a little girl.
good resp. status no problems

So then I was like

03a.jpg

Got Dad to cut the cord.

Now I am all:

cannot_be_unseen.jpg

Negro pup that made me spit my beer all over, thank you for lightening my mood. Congrats on your first baby! I like how you made the student catch, good on ya! ;)

I used to be a King airway fanboy. The last 3 times I've used them they've failed and myself or another medic on scene intubated instead.

On the bright side, intubation practice is good, on the dark side I'm afraid QA/QI is going to start questioning my competence with them...

In other news after 5 working arrests in 7 days at work I believe I'm getting the hang of orchestrating that band. QA/QI must hate me for all the chart reviews they are having to do :p

Last edited by a moderator:
In other news after 5 working arrests in 7 days at work I believe I'm getting the hang of orchestrating that band. QA/QI must hate me for all the chart reviews they are having to do :p

They don't like:

"Found patient dead, left him no worse off."

or

"Ressurected patient all sins forgiven."

Back