the 100% directionless thread

Wheel

Forum Asst. Chief
Actually, you've just gotten greener, you haven't built anything that rusts yet!

The best you can do right now, since that's where most of your knowledge has come from, is review, review, review. Don't depend on your memory because school is school = take in, regurgitate, take in, regurgitate. You gotta start holding on to your knowledge and begin to apply it.

I'd wish you luck except that would probably fail you unless you strengthen it with consciously WORKING to at least get you back to where you were when you first got out of training.

So, do good work!

Thanks for the advice. The plan is to review a lot, which I've already started, and to listen as much as I can. One day at a time.

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
Is your phone smarter than you? :blink:
Siri is smarter than most people but that's also Internet based.;)

Siri is a god damn moron she can't get a single thing right. Unless you are a celebrity than she apparently does everything correctly.

Last edited by a moderator:

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
Not as of three months ago they are not. I gave nubain multiple times. And the crews complained left and right about the lack of a "real" narcotic.

Hmm. Our protocols are supposed to be statewide and dont have nubain in them..

Any recommendations on a bike that I can use on in town trails, but still take into the mountains and play around on the trails up there? all the different types of bikes is making my head spin. Hell, if I didnt want to get in better shape I'd just go buy an enduro and call it good lol

That question is to anyone with cycling experience

Look at the all mountain bikes. Enough travel to bomb with but still light enough to be pedaled around.

Specialized Enduro, Ibis Mojo, Giant Reign

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
I suspect y'all are talking about different "Green Machines". Remember there's a "Forest Green Machine" and a "Teal Green Machine" in Texas lol.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I suspect y'all are talking about different "Green Machines". Remember there's a "Forest Green Machine" and a "Teal Green Machine" in Texas lol.

Teal Green as in ETMC?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

Look at the all mountain bikes. Enough travel to bomb with but still light enough to be pedaled around.

Sweet! Thanks man

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I did not realize I was so tired of NM till this last week. Tired of the attitude among most EMS agencies in the area, of some of hte providers, and of a lot of the hospital staffs. Ugh. I think it's time for another change. I'll be sending off my reciprocity packets to CO and TX now :)

Veneficus

Forum Chief

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Decisions decisions.....take a job on the cardiac progressive care floor I currently work for or hold out for an ICU job. Hmmmm

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Yep, in the Big Sandy area that's the Green Machine...or the 7 UP drivers...

Lol I saw it was close to Shreveport so I figured he meant the Borg

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C

I would love a Specialized Enduro, unfortunately I can't justify spending that much on a bike right now. :( I'll probably just buy a new hardtail, and call it a day.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

Lol i just looked at all of them.. they look amazing but i definitely don't have that kind of money

Porta

Forum Lieutenant
Brought pants in to be hemmed....Apparently I live in a flood zone. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349110784.921635.jpg

Wheel

Forum Asst. Chief
So, first day of orientation went well. It turns out I'm the only one in my class, which is unusual according to the training staff. It makes me wonder why they didn't wait and hire a few more people before sending a class through, instead of doing one just for me. Maybe I'm special or something:rolleyes:

Anyway,back to the protocol book for me

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Had some excitement at my IFT job today ... vented patient om full cardiac, spo2, etco2 monitoring, with three drips running on my pump (Propofol, protonix, and bicarb) transported two hours. ABG was all sorts of messed up and he was giving me about 300cc/hr of frank blood and pinkish fluid from his gtube.
CCT level call and i handled it pretty well, if i say so myself :) can't wait to finish my CCP class and do this more often.