the 100% directionless thread

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Last edited by a moderator:

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Spotify for my iPhone. Best thing since sliced bread.

Pandora is getting old and I'm willing to pay the money to be able to stream music anywhere I am and get to pick what I listen to.

JPINFV

Gadfly
RIP Mr. Trololol man.

May your work live in forever on message boards and YouTube.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRMBxnxWiNQ[/youtube]

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
SAFD is hiring soon :D Sadly none of the other good places to work around here are hiring any time soon :(

Heh I noticed that. But I'm not sure I wanna really work in SA... I'm also looking at an internal transfer with one of my services (I got hired on by the Evil Empire recently) too. Baltimore FD is one I've been looking at too. Along w/ Boston EMS, A/TcEMS, Williamson County EMS, and Sussex County EMS in DE

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
and Sussex County EMS in DE

A little bird told me they were hiring soon and their website says the same thing.

I heard rumors another company on the Left Coast is hiring and isn't in CA.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Pretty sure my unit is going to explode. In order for the AC to actually be cold we have to set it on high idle when posted in the 100+ degree heat. The high idle on this unit is set to 5,000 RPM. This will be fun.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
A little bird told me they were hiring soon and their website says the same thing.

I heard rumors another company on the Left Coast is hiring and isn't in CA.

I was told the same thing :) And Left Coast that's not CA? Hmmm... I need to hurry up and get my AAS in Paramedicine.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Pretty sure my unit is going to explode. In order for the AC to actually be cold we have to set it on high idle when posted in the 100+ degree heat. The high idle on this unit is set to 5,000 RPM. This will be fun.

5,000?!?!?! Somebody better ask dispatch to call the shop....

Achilles

Forum Moron

Hope it's a gas engine, 5k RPM is pretty high for a diesel.

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Hope it's a gas engine, 5k RPM is pretty high for a diesel.

Hell, 5k is fast for a gas engine, that's about redline on my Neon SXT

Yeah I'm a giant dude driving a Neon. Shaddup. I got a good deal on it. :D

Achilles

Forum Moron
Hey fire, is your ambulance high idle on a switch?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I'm betting it's the parking break petal.

Yep. Whenever the parking brake is engaged the high idle comes on.

And yeah 5k RPM on any engine is not good. That unit is our back up to our back up. Mechanic said he will look at it. If it goes out of service then we are either going to get the day off (if we want), use an ALS ambulance for BLS calls, or use our CCT rig for BLS calls.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Ugh. 22 month old. Dandy–Walker syndrome. Status seizures.

I don't like kid calls. :(

Yuck. Sorry to hear that bud.

I was starting to really like peds then I got two pedi arrests and a partial airway obstruction and now I'm all skiddish around them.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Yep. Whenever the parking brake is engaged the high idle comes on.

And yeah 5k RPM on any engine is not good. That unit is our back up to our back up. Mechanic said he will look at it. If it goes out of service then we are either going to get the day off (if we want), use an ALS ambulance for BLS calls, or use our CCT rig for BLS calls.

I feel so spoiled with our trucks rarely ever having mechanical issues, two mostly fulltime mechanics for a fleet of 35 ambulances that are 2010 and newer means they're always running pretty well and the a/c is always cold. Of course we don't see the same long stretches of 100 degree temps you do, but it happens. Dem gas engines are quiet too.

Meursault

Organic Mechanic
I feel so spoiled with our trucks rarely ever having mechanical issues, two mostly fulltime mechanics for a fleet of 35 ambulances that are 2010 and newer means they're always running pretty well and the a/c is always cold. Of course we don't see the same long stretches of 100 degree temps you do, but it happens. Dem gas engines are quiet too.

Is it bad that in the Boston area, that is effectively proof of which company you work for? Most people would have posted, "Yeah, we have a mix of trucks. Some are beat to :censored: but run okay, some are about 10k miles from the car crusher, and some are only a couple of years old, but you'd never know it."

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Is it bad that in the Boston area, that is effectively proof of which company you work for? Most people would have posted, "Yeah, we have a mix of trucks. Some are beat to :censored: but run okay, some are about 10k miles from the car crusher, and some are only a couple of years old, but you'd never know it."

Yes haha, I realize it's a dead give away for those familiar with the Boston area. For a variety of reasons I don't make it directly public for whom I work for, but I care not if people know. I'm plenty forthcoming with PMs and I have nothing bad to say about the company but I am not going to say "I work at #*(#$*( company," just to be safe.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Yes haha, I realize it's a dead give away for those familiar with the Boston area. For a variety of reasons I don't make it directly public for whom I work for, but I care not if people know. I'm plenty forthcoming with PMs and I have nothing bad to say about the company but I am not going to say "I work at #*(#$*( company," just to be safe.

Dang I was in downtown Boston yesterday. I took photos of some ambos. Maybe you're in one :)