the 100% directionless thread

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Just got to work and the others crews informed us the crew we are relieving will be at least 1-2 hours due to going on an emergency transfer. There are no spare trucks tonight. Awesomeness.

Speaking of bullets, it took 2 years as a Paramedic and 3.5 years in EMS, but had my first ever GSW last night.

I'm a total white cloud when it comes to trauma. It eludes me. On average, the most blood I see in any given week is from an IV start. Obviously good for the general public, but no less odd or weird.

Southern California= Good GSW experience lol

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Colton? Sweet, I just signed a lease application for an apartment in Colton!

I live close to Colton in San Bernardino. The parts of Colton that are closer to Grand Terrace, Loma Linda, and Riverside are nicer than the parts that are closer to Rialto and Fontana. Plus there's good mini-golf at Fiesta Village in Colton.

Last edited by a moderator:
My mom is an RN at Arrowhead and my sister is a Pre-Med CCE volunteer at Riverside.....

JPINFV

Gadfly
My mom is an RN at Arrowhead and my sister is a Pre-Med CCE volunteer at Riverside.....

What unit is your mom on? I've got IM, FM, psych, surgery, and peds (6 weels) at Arrowhead.

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
I am not ashamed to say it... I just yelled at the radio...

When dispatching units to a vehicle accident, there is no need to end the dispatch with the words, "There are children involved." Who cares!?!? Is that supposed to make you respond faster? Abandon proper code 3 driving techniques? Are we saying that this call should be treated differently than if the involved parties were elderly and were therefore expendable? Do dispatchers feel that certain people are more deserving of care? Does the standard of care change with age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, or tax bracket? "70 year old involved... nay, lets finish our pasta first..." "7 year old involved... OH MY GOD... MOVE MOVE MOVE..."

Rant finished...

Anjel

Forum Angel
In the ED doing clinicals.

I was watching them set a kids arm.

It took 140mg of propofol to daze him enough that he wasn't screaming.

13 y.o and 90 pounds. It was interesting.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Southern California= Good GSW experience lol

My city gets a decent amount of shooting, I just somehow never get dispatched to them. No, when there are multiple 5 car MVCs dispatched within minutes of each other, I get sent on the abd pain x 4 days.

When dispatching units to a vehicle accident, there is no need to end the dispatch with the words, "There are children involved."

Our dispatch is fond of saying "This might upgrade to priority 1". Don't tell me what it MIGHT do, tell me what it is. Really, the only difference between 1 and 2 is an extra 2 minutes of response time before being 'late'.

Last edited by a moderator:

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
I am not ashamed to say it... I just yelled at the radio...

When dispatching units to a vehicle accident, there is no need to end the dispatch with the words, "There are children involved." Who cares!?!? Is that supposed to make you respond faster? Abandon proper code 3 driving techniques? Are we saying that this call should be treated differently than if the involved parties were elderly and were therefore expendable? Do dispatchers feel that certain people are more deserving of care? Does the standard of care change with age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, or tax bracket? "70 year old involved... nay, lets finish our pasta first..." "7 year old involved... OH MY GOD... MOVE MOVE MOVE..."

Rant finished...

Please expedite units to 1234 Maple be aware ECIS. (emotional crisis involving stripper)

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
Has anyone here used the Merck Medicus app?

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
I'm guessing it's not for iPhone.

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
It is, or it was. There were versions for multiple platforms. However they pulled the app a few months ago for a redesign. I got an e-mail today saying the new website was up and there were apps for your computer and mobile device. Problem is, I can't find ANYTHING for a mobile device. I'm trying to figure out if I'm blind or there are no apps for phones.