the 100% directionless thread

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Hehe, I got to play like a goof last night.

Due to a series of events because of 3 rollovers near eachother at the same time and FD getting cancelled off our scene before they even got on, we were on the scene of a rollover with a patient in the back of his pickup for a good length of time before FD even showed up.

I was perfectly content sitting at the back of the truck and staring inside the window at the patient, but PD broke the front windshield (rather entertaining to watch) and I crawled on in to do my thing. :p

It's a rarity in urban EMS to actually GET to get inside of a car, because FD gets all antsy about extrication being their thing, so I seized the opportunity and was inside the wreckage with the patient when FD finally arrived after 20 minutes :rofl:

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
I need to start reading RougeMedic's blog more often. He makes my rants look warm and fuzzy.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Potential avatar..

373771.jpg

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Who had a 13 minute dispatch to hospital time on a massive inferior STEMI? This guy ;)

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
Holy crap. I just spent the last 9 hours listening to EMS lectures. +1 for the EMS websumit.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Psh, you've done nothing till you've had a door-to-balloon time of 19 minutes and a 100% RCA occlusion relieved.

Unfortunately that is physically impossible here :(

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Psh, you've done nothing till you've had a door-to-balloon time of 19 minutes and a 100% RCA occlusion relieved.

Done. Except it was 17min. Two stents and a pacemaker. :cool: Also an RCA

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

I had to erase my last STEMI time off the board. No pre-alert, only depression in inferior leads.

Had a door to PCI time of 83 minutes. That one came down off the board as soon as I saw it.

I never get STEMIs. Never actually seen a STEMI in the field. I get obvious deaths, codes and pediatric arrests instead.

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
I'm getting laid off.

I have mixed emotions about it.

Sasha

Forum Chief
File unemployment. Go to school and look for another job.

Think of it as a vacation.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
I'm getting laid off.

Sasha hit it. Use it as an opportunity. I suspect a person as competent as you are will have no problem finding another job should you choose to do so.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Maybe I should get myself fired so I can go to RN school.

Joe

Forum Captain
2012-05-17_18-14-37_136-1.jpg

hahahahahahaha made my day yesterday

Anjel

Forum Angel
Oh Laryngitis how I love you.

Never in my life have I lost my voice. And now, with my bridal shower tomorrow. I feel like crap and can't talk.

My fiance is loving it lol

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
I'm getting laid off.

I'm sorry :/

But like Sasha and BBG said, look at it as an opportunity.

Ugh, apparently someone was using my debit card in Miami yesterday...I was at work in Oregon. :/

Sasha

Forum Chief

Ugh, apparently someone was using my debit card in Miami yesterday...I was at work in Oregon. :/

Sorry. I promise I bought you something pretty with it.

FourLoko

Forum Lieutenant
I'm getting laid off.

Enjoy! Work is for suckers.

I'm working my EMT job because I got laid off from a "real" job.

Sucks being poor but I was hired at my EMT job the week after I got laid off. Quite amusing.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston

Amex used to call me at east once a week to tell me my card had been used in multiple states in 24 hours. I finally got em to figure out that was normal.