the 100% directionless thread

I was supposed to be off an hour and a half ago. We are taking a patient home. Up stairs. My partner never used a stairchair before. She also cant lift.

Having partners like her is making me hate female EMS providers. I am finding generally they play into the weak and helpless I'm just a girl crap.

I know there are some kickass ladies here. I figure you guys are the exception, as is my bestie.

You know it. I hate girls who play that crap and make the rest of us look bad.

Add to the weak and helpless thing drama and oversharing.

I've been seriously examining certain parts of my life in the last month or so. It's time for a different direction.

"We are what we think. All that we are arises With our thoughts. With our thoughts, We make our world."

So just wondering, what does that quote mean to you?

Well, I'll be. He's already extubated, no neuro deficits. Going home tomorrow.

Thank God for positive outcomes.

Count this one as an actual save! Rock on!

Paramedic = 1

Death = 0

Guess we know who is more powerful.

Nice work!

Recipe for worst mixed drink ever

3 crushed up halls cough drops
1 aspirin
1 crushed up cepacol (15 mg benzocaine/ 4 mg menthol)
2 cups boiling water
1 tea bag of choice

Dissolve everything in boiling water add tea bag then sip slowly while feeling sorry for yourself and cursing your parents for deciding not to have your tonsils out when you were 7.

Back home from the rescue training. Now I've Refreshed all Medical Device admissions again, for the Corpuls 08/16, AED Zoll Plus , AED Zoll Pro and Medtronic CRplus. The practicing with laryngeal tube, Semi automatic defibrillator and the AED"s was really good today. :)

I like it !!!! :)

Start working at Rural/Metro on the 17th if everything goes smoothly.

Really?

I've never had an issue figuring out how to use any of our equipment. Also the two new guys that have ridden FTO time with my partner and I have never had a problem either. Maybe I just give people too much credit?

I guess it helps that Stryker had the brilliant idea to make anything that causes a part of the equipment to fold/unfold/move bright red.

The great thing about them Ferno stair chairs is that they fall open if you don't carry them right way. No instruction required!

I can't imagine those Stryker's are terribly fun when taking someone up the stairs though? And this is not strictly an IFT problem, I have taken people up the stairs on 911 calls, stupid basement apartments and their rickety narrow staircases.

I was doing calltaking in the comm center sat night/sun morning, and at the end of my shift during shift change a Sheriffs Deputy hit his emergency button on his radio which keyed up all the radios in the center and for 10 seconds, all we heard was him screaming that he was on fire.....
I wasnt on a radio, so there wasnt anything I could do... Never felt so useless in my life... :sad:
The Deputy was hit head on at a high rate of speed by a wrong way driver after a night of storms... Luckily there was no fire but the Deputy was Trauma Alerted in critical condition.
They upgraded him to stable today, and all of his surgeries have gone well, they think he will be home at the end of the week. :)

Worked 64 hours since Thursday.

Lazy time starts now. ZzzZzZzZZ

It took that long to get the patient up the stairs in the stair chair? :wacko:

I did 60. so I hear ya. 1 more 12hr shift to go.

The great thing about them Ferno stair chairs is that they fall open if you don't carry them right way. No instruction required!

I can't imagine those Stryker's are terribly fun when taking someone up the stairs though? And this is not strictly an IFT problem, I have taken people up the stairs on 911 calls, stupid basement apartments and their rickety narrow staircases.

They go up stairs as easy as they go down minus the whole fighting gravity ordeal.

Top man pulls, bottom man is the safety and helps push. I wish I could say the spotter is the safety but I'm not going to lie and say we use a spotter every time.

Also the Strykers fall open too.

They go up stairs as easy as they go down minus the whole fighting gravity ordeal.

Top man pulls, bottom man is the safety and helps push. I wish I could say the spotter is the safety but I'm not going to lie and say we use a spotter every time.

Also the Strykers fall open too.

Do you guys use the tracks to go up stairs as well?

We have to lift the whole chair up step by step

Back