the 100% directionless thread

Do you guys use the tracks to go up stairs as well?

We have to lift the whole chair up step by step

Depends on the situation and who I'm working with. I've done it both ways. My partner I work with mostly has a bad back so he uses every little advantage he can get. Other people will wrangle fire into carrying them for us, or just carry them themselves with the help of their partner.

It depends on the pt too. grandma whos thin as a twig and weighs 100 lbs soaking wet is going to get carried on the chair up the stairs rather than using the tracks 9 times out of 10.

I did 60. so I hear ya. 1 more 12hr shift to go.

I was supposed to work tomorrow but gave my shift away.

They called me on shift today to see if I wanted to work tomorrow because they were desperate.

Nope. Sorry. My checks big enough thank you.

Depends on the situation and who I'm working with. I've done it both ways. My partner I work with mostly has a bad back so he uses every little advantage he can get. Other people will wrangle fire into carrying them for us, or just carry them themselves with the help of their partner.

It depends on the pt too. grandma whos thin as a twig and weighs 100 lbs soaking wet is going to get carried on the chair up the stairs rather than using the tracks 9 times out of 10.

Not always but we probably should, it's the safer way of doing it. It takes longer but the safe way of doing things usually does.

They go up stairs as easy as they go down minus the whole fighting gravity ordeal.

Top man pulls, bottom man is the safety and helps push. I wish I could say the spotter is the safety but I'm not going to lie and say we use a spotter every time.

Also the Strykers fall open too.

What is this pull and push? The one with the wheely track things?

We have handle bars and back little wheels. We lift and carry. Yesterday my lift assist wanted to lift up one stair at a time which I honestly felt was harder then just getting it over and done with.

What is this pull and push? The one with the wheely track things?

We have handle bars and back little wheels. We lift and carry. Yesterday my lift assist wanted to lift up one stair at a time which I honestly felt was harder then just getting it over and done with.

Yea, all of our stair chairs have the tracks.

I agree with you. Do it all at once and get it over with. Maybe stop at a landing if you really need to.

They go up stairs as easy as they go down minus the whole fighting gravity ordeal.

Top man pulls, bottom man is the safety and helps push. I wish I could say the spotter is the safety but I'm not going to lie and say we use a spotter every time.

Also the Strykers fall open too.

Let's be real here, what is a spotter?:P

I just did 5 calls in 7 hours, with two transports, including a trauma alert, 2 refusals more than 20 miles from the station, and a commercial fire alarm.

Now I'm too keyed up to sleep even though it's way past my bedtime. Turning on the acoustic guitar ensemble pandora station and finding my happy place.

Just another day in Sarasota...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XA5FVKTlDzg[/youtube]

I love being a taxi. Pick up a nurse at her hotel, take her to a private residence to pick up a patient, then drop both of them off at the airport curb for their flight.

Some people are so frustrating to work with!
"I've never done it that way in all 9 years I've worked here..."
Just because you've never done it that way doesn't mean your way of doing it is right!

And just because you know a different way of doing it doesn't mean I'm going to change my daily routine for some newbie. ;)

What are they doing "wrong"?

It's paperwork and coding stuff. I recently took over the billing for our region from another person and she was sick of fighting with this guy so she just make all the corrections for him and never told him because she "hated to fight with him".
I'm of the opinion that, it's your paperwork, do it right.
Just one of those days apparently....

Ahhh. That's a totally different thing than "how to apply a splint" or "the only way to strap a backboard".

Good luck with billing. You're a better person than I am!

Wrist IVs hurt.

It's paperwork and coding stuff. I recently took over the billing for our region from another person and she was sick of fighting with this guy so she just make all the corrections for him and never told him because she "hated to fight with him".
I'm of the opinion that, it's your paperwork, do it right.
Just one of those days apparently....

Fight or no fight. If you didn't generate it, don't change it.

I work hand in hand with the billing department and we never change information on a report. It's their responsibility. Send enough back and they change their habits. Well most of the time.

They will just have to get angery.

Sometimes I feel like I just have no place being a paramedic...

Why's that, señor?

I missed the flipped T-waves on the 12-lead of a patient that ended up having an inferior STEMI. I brought them in code 1, then only gave ASA, and one NTG w/relief. Granted, it took the hospital two 12-leads to see any elevation, however, I obviously failed my patient.

Back