the 100% directionless thread

Anjel

Forum Angel

I did read Kelly Grayson's "Untold Stories" in it's entirety today though. Pretty good book, the last short story is a rough one to read.

Untold stories?

Is it the same as enroute?

jjesusfreak01

Forum Deputy Chief
Wait! Hold on let me look it up in my field guide. Ok according to my field guide you're either pregnant or have an inflamed prostate. Uhhhh maybe I shouldn't have bought a hand written field guide off eBay.

Turn to page 312 in the special events section:

"During the Superbowl, tummy aches may be attributed to overeating of cheap high fat foods"

"Expect diarrhea and emesis to follow approximately 1-5 hours after the Superbowl"

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Enough with the talk of couches and tvs already! Lol

Sorry...however I haven't run a call since 10 this morning...and I've been watching TV all day.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Woohoo!!! Patriots lost!!! :D

I like how the Giants cheated in the second to last play. "Let's put 12 men on the field and help the Patriots run down the clock!" Giants, 2012 Super Bowl Champions*

In all seriousness, defensive penalties in the last 2 minutes of each half should also give the offense the option of resetting the clock to the time at the end of the last unpenalized play.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Agreed on the clock bs, and they should be able to reset it. But that game was fully of shady/bs/missed calls. Really, I'm not at all a Giants fan, I just can't stand the Patriots :p Overall it was a pretty good game though :)

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Though watching the Pat's lose in the Super Bowl again hurts a lot (a lot, a lot), I think the recovery on this one will be better than 2008. There's no two ways about it, they just got outplayed.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Untold stories?

Is it the same as enroute?

Yes Ma'am. Idk where I got untold stories from.

Next on the list is Resecue 471.

Apparently I can read books pretty quickly, I need more suggestions. I used to love to read and now that I don't have Paramedic school reading every damn day I want to get back into it. Might end up with a Kindle :ph34r:

Sasha

Forum Chief
Though watching the Pat's lose in the Super Bowl again hurts a lot (a lot, a lot), I think the recovery on this one will be better than 2008. There's no two ways about it, they just got outplayed.

Tebow!

JPINFV

Gadfly
Yes Ma'am. Idk where I got untold stories from.

Apparently I can read books pretty quickly, I need more suggestions. I used to love to read and now that I don't have Paramedic school reading every damn day I want to get back into it. Might end up with a Kindle :ph34r:

The Man Who Mistook His Wife For a Hat
http://www.amazon.com/Man-Who-Mistook-His-Wife/dp/0684853949

The House of God.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
The House of God.
One of the few things I have ever read that changed the way I though about medicine. Everyone should read it, regardless of their role or specialty.

R99

Forum Lieutenant

Thats actually a pretty good book same with.his other one, although a rather poor example of how to run an ambulance system

Apparently I can read books pretty quickly

Good on you mate apparently here if you.can't make it through.a thousand page medical book you arent cut out to be an ambo

JPINFV

Gadfly
Thats actually a pretty good book same with.his other one, although a rather poor example of how to run an ambulance system

Good on you mate apparently here if you.can't make it through.a thousand page medical book you arent cut out to be an ambo

Have you ever tried reading Harrison's Internal Med?

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader

Oh? What makes you say that?

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Yeah, NVRob, this is a good one. I've got a copy that I'm done with. I can send it to you if you'd like.

I might have to take you up on that one. No anthrax though! ;)

That could be a cool setup...A book trade type of thing.

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
No anthrax though! ;)

curses-foiled-again.gif

Curses! Foiled again!

In all seriousness, shoot me your address and I can have it off to you tomorrow

R99

Forum Lieutenant
Have you ever tried reading Harrison's Internal Med?

Yes, that is one of the books some of the degree students use along with others like Guyton, Rosen, Bates etc

Much (most) of what is in the great laborious volumes is far above what a paramedic needs to know, we get degree people here who have an extreme level of book smarts about tissue and receptors and who want to listen to heart sounds to see if its CHF or asthma and who think at 22 they are better than the rest who did vocational training but they can barely talk to a patient without embarrassing themselves and can't lift the stryker properly

The balance needs to move a little less toward books and a lot more towards practical or we need to stop letting people with no life experience and big egos in

Oh? What makes you say that?

Because in.both books he talks of low pay like so low its not legal to be paid that little here, having to spend hours sitting in an ambulance on the street without a break, having to seek permission to use certain drugs or procedures and I was struck him saying some EMTs can only administer oxygen, such a person would not be allowed on an ambulance here

I know it was in the early to mid 1990s in Connecticut but has anything changed?

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
And the whistles go whoo-whoooooo

JPINFV

Gadfly
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dRWgVo0FHE&feature=related[/youtube]