the 100% directionless thread

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Took PTO today so I could go up to instruct class today. Talked to the schedule supervisor and he said everything is good. Looked online and everything was good. My shift normally starts at 0700.

At 0714 I get a page from dispatch saying "you are scheduled to work today on unit XYZ 0700-1900, where are you at?". Look online and they rescheduled me for today.

Called the supervisor straight away and hopefully got everything cleared up.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
ive really had enough, I want to sleep, its only 10pm and 630am is so bloody far away, I think ill stay up front tonite, that way I can not have to talk to anybody and hide in the darkness, I want to go down well before the sun comes up and stay there. Ambulance calls, .... Ambulance calls,.... Ambulance calls, well I dont care who so long as for tonight its NOT ME.

Maybe one of these motorway signs will direct me to a yellow watch day only slot not on the LSU.

At least I'm not expected to do any mentoring tonight ...

If you don't like it get a new job. Simple as that.

medic417

The Truth Provider

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
We got an arrest at a rehab facility last night. We get on scene to find the nurses doing CPR. One of them says the BVM wasn't working, so they did mouth-to-mouth.

The BVM was still scrunched up in it's packaged form... :eek: My partner proceeded to show them how to expand the ends...

As an aside, we got pulses back after 20 minutes (PEA the whole arrest), started hypothermia and other stabilization on scene, then lost pulses again, proceeded to call it.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
We got an arrest at a rehab facility last night. We get on scene to find the nurses doing CPR. One of them says the BVM wasn't working, so they did mouth-to-mouth.

The BVM was still scrunched up in it's packaged form... :eek: My partner proceeded to show them how to expand the ends...

As an aside, we got pulses back after 20 minutes (PEA the whole arrest), started hypothermia and other stabilization on scene, then lost pulses again, proceeded to call it.
That is unbelievable, unless you've spent any time working in EMS.

Anjel

Forum Angel
That is unbelievable, unless you've spent any time working in EMS.

You're not kidding.

The thought of mouth to mouth makes me want to puke.

Have they not heard of hands only CPR?

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
You're not kidding.

The thought of mouth to mouth makes me want to puke.

Have they not heard of hands only CPR?

Just the fact that there was a nurse working a code in a nursing home is astonishing to me… Normally they're standing around, mutely pointing at the room saying, "she's in there"

R99

Forum Lieutenant
Well that job turned out to be an old bloke who was having a AAA I could feel it with my hands

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Just the fact that there was a nurse working a code in a nursing home is astonishing to me… Normally they're standing around, mutely pointing at the room saying, "she's in there"

They actually did fairly decently, but were more than happy to vacate the area once we were in doing our thing, standing back and watching astonished at what we could do. :p

The facility doctor that showed up was a different story...

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Ruh roh. Called in from the BFE post to central. Haven't gotten asked to light up yet but from the sounds of it it's gonna happen pretty quickly.

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Is it bad that I'm actually hoping I get laid off so I can just collect unemployment through medic school?

Last edited by a moderator:

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Back to the nurses working the code, I had a BVM thrown at me during a code. Nurse was crouched by the pt's head, shouting "It's broken!".
"What's broken?".
"The mouth piece. It's broken off!".
"You're kneeling on it". It had been dropped and she basically sat on it.
"I tell you, it's broken!!".

(See my early thread about being ready to do some
"hewing and slewing").

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
And another thing.
I finally sat down and tried to read the Brady First responder text (LeBadour et al), and through the thicket of "This is right but you have to follow your local protocol" warnings, I see where we should start O2 @ 15 lpm for any abdominal pain.
Copyright 2009.
Crikey.<_<