the 100% directionless thread

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston

JPINFV

Gadfly
MCAT taken.

Add that to memorable life events.

Pfft. The MCAT is simple now that it's computer based. Memorable is spending 10 hours taking that God forsaken exam, and having to write the 2 essays by hand.

/My lawn, get off it.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Lunch with USAF and Kat tomorrow :)

bigbaldguy

bigbaldguy

Exactly what I was thinking.:rofl:

I got cocky and paid the price I suppose. The sad thing is ive been doing it long enough to know better than to tempt the gods that be. I did however get nearly all my wall base board swapped out before they snagged me.

Nubby09

Forum Ride Along
truck checks

can you get fired for not checking the ambulance once you go off shift? I a new EMT and I got a job and I had my first day the other day and I almost left without checking the truck. I was just pondering if that could happen.:unsure:

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
can you get fired for not checking the ambulance once you go off shift? I a new EMT and I got a job and I had my first day the other day and I almost left without checking the truck. I was just pondering if that could happen.:unsure:

Are you supposed to?

It's a **** move to leave the truck a mess and not restocked.

I'm spoiled our VSTs do all of our stocking :ph34r:

JPINFV

Gadfly

Fired, on a first offense as a new hire? Sure, it's possible, but to be fired for simply that would be a blessing in disguise.

Besides that, it depends on the company setup. Is the car continuously used or does it sit in a garage overnight? Do you have people like vehicle service technicians whose job is to restock?

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Saw this on another forum

The four types of labs

attachment.php

bigbaldguy

Depends what's missing. If Is couple of sheets or something probably not but if you get a call and your little O2 bottle is dead that might cause tru @$&storm.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Depends what's missing. If Is couple of sheets or something probably not but if you get a call and your little O2 bottle is dead that might cause tru @$&storm.

Meh any service worth anything should have spares onboard. We carry our main onboard "M" cylinder then 4 spare "D" cylinders + the "D" in the airway bag.

katgrl2003

Forum Asst. Chief
Meh any service worth anything should have spares onboard. We carry our main onboard "M" cylinder then 4 spare "D" cylinders + the "D" in the airway bag.

Same for us, plus the D cylinder on the cot

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Same for us, plus the D cylinder on the cot

You have one on the cot and in the bag?? Seems a little excessive lol.

We don't have any o2 on the cot, no place to secure it either. it'll either go between the pt's legs or behind the seat-back.

Nubby09

Forum Ride Along
well. We had cleaned it and made it look nice and made sure it was stocked but we almost foegot to do the paperwork
NVRob;371966]Are you supposed to?

It's a **** move to leave the truck a mess and not restocked.

I'm spoiled our VSTs do all of our stocking :ph34r:[/QUOTE]

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
well. We had cleaned it and made it look nice and made sure it was stocked but we almost foegot to do the paperwork

We can't clock out until our supervisor approves all our paperwork on the computer.

I don't think any reputable company will fire you for something like that, especially being new employee. Now if it becomes a habitual problem things might change.

katgrl2003

Forum Asst. Chief
You have one on the cot and in the bag?? Seems a little excessive lol.

We don't have any o2 on the cot, no place to secure it either. it'll either go between the pt's legs or behind the seat-back.

There's times I wish we didn't have one in the airway bag... that thing is :censored: heavy! I tell the firefighters we carry everything but the kitchen sink.

rmabrey

Forum Asst. Chief
There's times I wish we didn't have one in the airway bag... that thing is :censored: heavy! I tell the firefighters we carry everything but the kitchen sink.

I'm sorry you have to be in Indy during this super bowl crap. Went to to Methodist tonight and traffic was crazy. Got some cute medics up there though.

Last edited by a moderator:

R99

Forum Lieutenant
ive really had enough, I want to sleep, its only 10pm and 630am is so bloody far away, I think ill stay up front tonite, that way I can not have to talk to anybody and hide in the darkness, I want to go down well before the sun comes up and stay there. Ambulance calls, .... Ambulance calls,.... Ambulance calls, well I dont care who so long as for tonight its NOT ME.

Maybe one of these motorway signs will direct me to a yellow watch day only slot not on the LSU.

At least I'm not expected to do any mentoring tonight ...