Osama Bin Laden, is Osama ben better now

Tommerag

What day is it?
If you haven't heard on the news yet they are saying the US has killed Bin Laden and they have his body and have confirmed it. Outstanding thought I would share the good news.

WolfmanHarris

Forum Asst. Chief
Ya... you're going to need to source that. It's sure as heck not on the front page of any of my usual news sites.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I'm watching it on CNN and it's on most of the major news channels. Unbelievable.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
It's just coming "off the wire" right now... but apparently he's been dead a week and the body is in US custody, confirmed by DNA. At least that's what I'm seeing on Fox and other sites.

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
Watching on CNN. President makes official announcement at 10:30.

OP
OP
Tommerag

Tommerag

What day is it?
Yeah what Rob said turn to any news channel, there is nothing on TV but this. I just cracked a bottle of wine. It tastes so much better right now.

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
The CIA will be disappointed, they have lost a valuable employee.

*Brown goes and sits back down and says nothing more

WolfmanHarris

Forum Asst. Chief
Okay I had to go to CNN to find it. Nothing on BBC, CBC or Toronto Star. Very interesting. I'll wait for the official confirmation before I celebrate more than that.

Certainly the death of Osama Bin Laden is the achievement of a long sought after goal, but I wonder how much it will really hurt the cause of terrorism at this point. The decentralized cellular structure of a terrorist organization and the many players under different banners makes me think that while this is a well deserved feather in the cap, it also provides a rallying cry that may surpass the actual contributions of Bin Laden to their cause.

Edit: Wow, I thought I understood the 24 hour news cycle. But literally since I first posted the news has exploded onto all my usual sites.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Tommerag

Tommerag

What day is it?
They are saying the NSA, etc they are now worried about retaliation by terrorists cells because of this.

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
Okay I had to go to CNN to find it. Nothing on BBC, CBC or Toronto Star. Very interesting. I'll wait for the official confirmation before I celebrate more than that.

Certainly the death of Osama Bin Laden is the achievement of a long sought after goal, but I wonder how much it will really hurt the cause of terrorism at this point. The decentralized cellular structure of a terrorist organization and the many players under different banners makes me think that while this is a well deserved feather in the cap, it also provides a rallying cry that may surpass the actual contributions of Bin Laden to their cause.

Edit: Wow, I thought I understood the 24 hour news cycle. But literally since I first posted the news has exploded onto all my usual sites.

It was just released that he was killed in a mansion outside Islamabad.

OP
OP
Tommerag

Tommerag

What day is it?
Do you suppose he got his 72 virgins? Bahahahahaha

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
About time. We should have focused our resources on him from the beginning, instead of some two bit dictator.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anjel

Forum Angel

hahaha virgin men I am sure lmao

This is great news. Its about fricken time.

OP
OP
Tommerag

Tommerag

What day is it?
Half Bottle of wine down :D

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief

What they don't tell you about the 72 virgins..

612200814355PM_302457t.jpg

OP
OP
Tommerag

Tommerag

What day is it?
This is my current Facebook status:

I hope Robin Williams was right, When Bin Laden was expecting his 72 virgins, He actually got 72 Virginians and George Washington is currently KICKING THE SH*T out of him!!!!!!!!

JPINFV

Gadfly
Attention everyone, Osama Big Ladles is now closed for business, please see Bed, Bath, and Beyond for all of your Ladle needs.

Monkey

Forum Lieutenant
he is now in a room with 72 20 year olds playing World of Warcraft...

Same thing right?