Osama Bin Laden, is Osama ben better now

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
One of the US heilos reportedly crashed, no reported injuries though.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Ah I see. I had heard they had a mechanical issue, I didn't know it went down though.

I love your sig by the way, Aidey. :thumbsup:

HasTy

Forum Lieutenant
BREAKING NEWS: A US official says Osama bin Laden's body has been buried at sea (AP)

I am beginning to think we got suckered folks....sounds a little fishy...

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Oh dear. Bad, bad move on whoever decided to do that.

cOmpressor

Forum Probie
If they are going to drop him in the ocean at least tie a chunk of concrete from the WTC to him. Wish he was still alive when that happens.

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
Last edited by a moderator:

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
So I'm sitting in the small EMS room at the hospital writing report and my partner busts in. Here is the basic conversation.

Partner: Hey! Guess what?
Me: Ummmmm you decided to buy me dinner.
P: No, better n that!
Me: I give up.
P: Obama is dead!
Me: What?!?!?!? The h**l he is!!!
P: Yea, the military has his body and say this is the greatest victory in the war on terror!
Me: DUDE! I know you are conservative, but to call the president a terrorist basically, that is going a little far.
P: I swear! It's on CNN in the nurses lounge! Obama is dead! That mastermind who planned the 9-11 attacks. He was on the run somewhere in Pakistan.
Me: You know, I think you mean Osama. Obama is our president.
Partner: Crap! Looks like I'm buying dinner anyhow.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief

Veneficus

Forum Chief
They are saying it was a SEAL Team. I thought it would have been CIA for sure, but I was wrong. No Americans were hurt, so that is 2 wins for the good guys.:D

I think the purpose was to get it done right the first time :)

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
For those of you challenging the "sea burial", it makes total sense.

No non-Muslim nation would want the body on their soil.

If it is buried in any Muslim country it will become a shrine.

It is best to dispose of the body at sea, where no markers can ever be built, no shrine, no pilgrimage site, whatever....

Now do I think we really dumped it at sea....no, but officially it is the best thing to do.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
***BREAKING NEWS*** Sara Palin just issued a press release: "I want to thank the NYPD for finally killing that terrorist Muhammed Ali."

rwik123

Forum Asst. Chief
Alot of places are saying that the death photo is just photoshopped. not official. What source did you get the photo from?

Veneficus

Forum Chief
For those of you challenging the "sea burial", it makes total sense.

No non-Muslim nation would want the body on their soil.

If it is buried in any Muslim country it will become a shrine.

It is best to dispose of the body at sea, where no markers can ever be built, no shrine, no pilgrimage site, whatever....

Now do I think we really dumped it at sea....no, but officially it is the best thing to do.

I think it would be great to dump his body in the sea.

In classic Naval tradition, sending the enemy to the bottom.

I also agree that the sailors and supporting units involved should never pay for a drink again :)

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Alot of places are saying that the death photo is just photoshopped. not official. What source did you get the photo from?

I would say it's certainly photoshopped. But that is just my not so humble, highly untrained opinion.

Aidey

CNN is saying there are DNA tests in progress, however the intelligence people feel that it is just an unnecessary formality. Apparently they did facial recognition and the overwhelming evidence is that it was definitely bin Laden.

Honestly, I think if they do release photos they are going to have to be careful about it. There is a fine line between confirmation and over the top gloating.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Goody, we capped him.

He didn't deserve the hoopla. In fact, how much better if suddenly his compound suddenly went dark, then no one was heard from ever again? THAT's counterterrorism.
Burial at sea: right on, next best.

al-Qaeda's strength has been it's looseness of central authority, binh Laden's status probably has largely been one of emeritus for many members. Watch for the repercussions.

Wondered why Hillary Clinton has been so quiet lately.

The State Dept quote that our enemies should never count on waiting us out rings true, so Ghaddafi has to be next. (Did he ever send Idi Amin Dada packing? Or turn over the various highjackers and terrorist trainers he's been harboring for decades?).

Aidey

CNN just issued a breaking news statement that the DNA results have confirmed it was bin Laden.