Osama Bin Laden, is Osama ben better now

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
Rumor has it that he spent the last several years of his life on dialysis. There is some justice in the world.

They mentioned that already and have said that it is very unlikely. I would honestly be very very surprised if he had. Significant resources are needed for dialysis, especially if the patient can't go to a hospital.

Pure speculation on my part, but if he had been on dialysis I bet it would have been much easier to track him down.

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
They mentioned that already and have said that it is very unlikely. I would honestly be very very surprised if he had. Significant resources are needed for dialysis, especially if the patient can't go to a hospital.

Pure speculation on my part, but if he had been on dialysis I bet it would have been much easier to track him down.

Also would have been easier if we set our primary goal to catch/kill him, instead of going into another country to fight.

Last edited by a moderator:

firetender

The guys that actually went in and killed him - how do you think they feel right now?

All that they'd probably allow themselves to feel is "Job well done!"

They'd smile a lot.

And every night get toasted.

These were Hit Men of the first order; killing machines that fulfilled their functions.

(Nothing less could get the job done, could it?)

How would you feel if you were on that scene with Bin Laden and called on to save his life so he could go to trial and you succeeded?

Last edited by a moderator:

MotoMan

Forum Ride Along
They are saying it was a SEAL Team. I thought it would have been CIA for sure, but I was wrong. No Americans were hurt, so that is 2 wins for the good guys.:D

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
It was a 40 minute helicopter raid, seal team killed him (there is speculation on a Pakistani TV network right now that they also killed Osama's son (didnt know he had one)).

One of the helicopters suffered a mechanical malfunction. However, no Americans were hurt. There was a woman (nationality unspecified) who was used as a human shield. She was killed.

I am watching footage of the burning mansion.

OP
OP
Tommerag

Tommerag

What day is it?
It was a 40 minute helicopter raid, seal team killed him (there is speculation on a Pakistani TV network right now that they also killed Osama's son (didnt know he had one)).

One of the helicopters suffered a mechanical malfunction. However, no Americans were hurt. There was a woman (nationality unspecified) who was used as a human shield. She was killed.

I am watching footage of the burning mansion.

Dont quote me for sure but I think i saw he had like 20 some kids

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
sudo rm -rf /bin/laden

That's how it went down.
boom_headshot_BOOM_HEADSHOT-s539x522-54814-580.jpg

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
All that they'd probably allow themselves to feel is "Job well done!"

They'd smile a lot.

And every night get toasted.

These were Hit Men of the first order; killing machines that fulfilled their functions.

(Nothing less could get the job done, could it?)

How would you feel if you were on that scene with Bin Laden and called on to save his life so he could go to trial and you succeeded?

I don't know what I would do in that situation. I honestly don't know if I would be able to aid him in any way.

JPINFV

Gadfly
I don't know what I would do in that situation. I honestly don't know if I would be able to aid him in any way.
Is making sure he's captured instead of killed really aiding him? Which is better, a trial or a killing? This is not as easy of a question as people who are going to argue that him being dead based only on emotions would like it to be.

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Brown finds it highly suspicious that not only this election year in the US, but, at a time when Obama is not all that popular bang, suddenly Bin Laden happens to turn turn up "dead" ....

And lets not forget that CIA has admitted he was funded and supplied to fight the Russians during the invasion of Afghanistan in the early eighties ....

Brown smells brown ....

JPINFV

Gadfly
And lets not forget that CIA has admitted he was funded and supplied to fight the Russians during the invasion of Afghanistan in the early eighties ....
The CIA has a habit of funding groups under the concept of the enemy of our enemy is our friend, without understanding that the enemy of our enemy could also become our enemy.

Aidey

It also isn't really an election year here, 2012 is technically the next presidential election year.

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Link wont load for me

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Thanks Rob1. "Why are there so many helicopters? Oh, the U.S. just killed Osama...and I tweeted the whole thing about a helicopter swatter..."

Smooth haha

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
ReallyVirtual Sohaib Athar
A huge window shaking bang here in Abbottabad Cantt. I hope its not the start of something nasty :-S
11 hours ago

Go away helicopter - before I take out my giant swatter :-/
11 hours ago

Helicopter hovering above Abbottabad at 1AM (is a rare event).
11 hours ago

Start there and read up for his entire account of the event as it unfolded.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
That's where I started at. What is the helicopter crash he keeps talking about? My guess was breaching charges? I didn't hear anything about a chopper on the deck.