Millitary Time... Watch

globespun

Forum Ride Along
I Read the past post from a year ago but It didn't specify..... Anyone can you suggest a watch that has military time...

Thanks !!!!

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Not to be mean or sound like an a-hole but just get a normal watch that you like.

Most digital watches have an option for military time. For standard watches just add or subtract 12 if the time is in the PM.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Not to be mean or sound like an a-hole but just get a normal watch that you like.

Most digital watches have an option for military time. For standard watches just add or subtract 12 if the time is in the PM.
Basically all of the digital watches I've had over the past 20 years has had the option of 12 or 24 hour time display. Come to think of it, ALL of them have had that option. The only time I've used a watch that didn't have that option was when I was wearing a watch that had hands...

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
51pE0Pl%2B0dL._SX385_.jpg

Anjel

Forum Angel
41mjUo-fZ1L._SL246_SX190_CR0,0,190,246_.jpg

I have used this watch since EMT school. 18 bucks at Walmart

dmc2007

Forum Captain
I buy $10 armitron watches at Target and they work fine (and have military time functionality).

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Or you could just learn the 24hour clock ...
I think telling time is a lost skill. Few of my teenage students can tell time on an analog clock. Military time? That's a paramedic skill!

Household6

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
I just want a watch that doesn't pinch when I do compressions. Maybe one that doesn't have sharp edges, doesn't catch on things.

Just add 12 if its after noon. BAM! Done.

Achilles

Forum Moron

When would you ever subtract 12 hours for military time?

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Of course Anjel has a pink watch :p

22-12=10?

Oh on an analog watch....yea idk

Last edited by a moderator:

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Of course Anjel has a pink watch :p

22-12=10?

Oh on an analog watch....yea idk

LOL....yeh I would hope the sun in the sky and your watch saying 10...you would not be too confused.

No subtraction ever needed...only addition +12, how hard?

Would also add...with a few months of practice you will no longer need it. You will think in military time. Much like a foreign language, it will come automatic, just need to practice and use it always, not just on duty.

Last edited by a moderator:

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll

You work tomorrow at 2000. "Ooh :censored::censored::censored::censored: I don't know military time. Uhhh 20-12 is 8 so I work at 8 tomorrow night".

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Am i the only one still counting respirations and pulses the old fasioned way ?

Yep... Pretty much haha.

Ill just hook them up to the monitor and palp a pulse for about 5-10 seconds to see if it matches the monitor or pulse ox (if its getting good capture).

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
You work tomorrow at 2000. "Ooh :censored::censored::censored::censored: I don't know military time. Uhhh 20-12 is 8 so I work at 8 tomorrow night".

Sorry, not buying it. :)

Anything greater than 12 indicates PM. Still no subtraction needed....I think we have over exaggerated a very simple non issue.

Mariemt

Forum Captain
Yep... Pretty much haha.

Ill just hook them up to the monitor and palp a pulse for about 5-10 seconds to see if it matches the monitor or pulse ox (if its getting good capture).
we always get respirs the old way but many times dont lug the monitor in unless it is a cardiac call and hook it up once in the back after getting patient in. I like to get my baseline vitals the old fasioned way.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Sorry, not buying it. :)

Anything greater than 12 indicates PM. Still no subtraction needed....I think we have over exaggerated a very simple non issue.

Not an over exaggeration. I constantly have to subtract for military time. If I'm given a time in the PM that is military (1800, 2000, etc) I have to subtract to figure out what time that is in the 12 hour system.