McCormick vs AMR/AMR vs McCormick

TheComebacKid

Forum Crew Member
Shame, I loved McCormick and ever since they got their Torrance Contract two-three years ago they've been going downhill at Mach-5.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
The cheapest option is the best. They will probably initially just add a small “powered by AMR decal” to save money.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
The old bowers fleet had the name and cross scraped off. They kept the blue line and just put AMR over it. Simple, cheap, 20 minute fix.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

TheComebacKid

Forum Crew Member
The cheapest option is the best. They will probably initially just add a small “powered by AMR decal” to save money.

I can Picture it already:

MCCORMICK AMBULANCE
- A Westmed Company
- Powered by AMR
- Owned and Operated by E̶n̶v̶i̶s̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶H̶e̶a̶l̶t̶h̶c̶a̶r̶e̶ Air Medical Group Holdings
- Proudly Serving the City of Compton/Inglewood/Torrance/etc.​

OP
OP
Tony Maximilian

Tony Maximilian

Eternal Optimist
More end of an Era. Bowers, Schaefer (slowly dying) now they are gonna kill off McCormick. Unbelievable.
f1dc1b47dabc8c22b404bbdeb55b9551.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Wow. Just wow.

The comments on McCormick's FB page have been...well, lively.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Wow....looks like I left McCormick just in time haha.....wonder if they'll keep it a semi independent operation and keep the McCormick name a la Gold Coast? Or slap an AMR sticker on the side and be in red rigs in LA as well as SD?

But the bigger issue....where will guys find none in the AMR light blue???? (But seriously, hope that comes with a pay raise.....though I wonder how many guys used to 95+% 911 calls will like the almost guaranteed increase in county wide IFT calls? On the flip side maybe some of those AMR cars chilling in Santa Clarita Valley can come down and post in Inglewood/Compton and some of our stand up 24s stations can actually get some rest?? Well one can hope/dream lol

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
A decent amount of AMR operations have changed from the light blue uniforms to the black/navy blue uniforms.

Also from the Facebook comments McCormick said that they will be keeping their name and paint schemes... at least for now.

OP
OP
Tony Maximilian

Tony Maximilian

Eternal Optimist
Well, Turns out they couldn't handle the heat. After four hours they deleted their AMR "Merger" Post on facebook. I also screenshotted everything before they deleted it for future keks.

Silly move. Before deleting the post they took time to respond rather defensively to some of the more pointed comments. Peculiar social media usage for a company. Whatevs.

TheComebacKid

Forum Crew Member
Silly move. Before deleting the post they took time to respond rather defensively to some of the more pointed comments. Peculiar social media usage for a company. Whatevs.

I talked to one of my friends about that. He said that the facebook page got snappy and passive aggressive with any current or former employee who left a comment (yours truly included).

You'd think they would have a more political presence when making a post about SELLING THE COMPANY. Also love that they call it a merger when AMRs email to their employees confirmed it was a sale.

TheComebacKid

Forum Crew Member
Wow....looks like I left McCormick just in time haha.....wonder if they'll keep it a semi independent operation and keep the McCormick name a la Gold Coast? Or slap an AMR sticker on the side and be in red rigs in LA as well as SD?

But the bigger issue....where will guys find none in the AMR light blue???? (But seriously, hope that comes with a pay raise.....though I wonder how many guys used to 95+% 911 calls will like the almost guaranteed increase in county wide IFT calls? On the flip side maybe some of those AMR cars chilling in Santa Clarita Valley can come down and post in Inglewood/Compton and some of our stand up 24s stations can actually get some rest?? Well one can hope/dream lol

My best guess is like you said. Gold Coast. McCormick operations with an AMR umbrella.

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
Since were talking about McCormick's social media presence, can anyone explain to me why instead of referring to employees as EMTs they call them Caregivers in social media posts?

The "Caregiver Mufasa and his partner Caregiver Nahasapeemapetilon arrived onscene and did a great job" posts were always so weird to me.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Good question....then you'll see "Paramedic Caregiver Whatshisface did this thing..."

TheComebacKid

Forum Crew Member
Since were talking about McCormick's social media presence, can anyone explain to me why instead of referring to employees as EMTs they call them Caregivers in social media posts?

The "Caregiver Mufasa and his partner Caregiver Nahasapeemapetilon arrived onscene and did a great job" posts were always so weird to me.
I heard through the grapevine that when upper management went to an EMS convention in March(?), one company recommended calling your employees caregivers instead of EMTs or Paramedics as its supposed to imply that you consider your employees caring and empathetic. Instead they come off completely as patronizing and condescending.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
I heard through the grapevine that when upper management went to an EMS convention in March(?), one company recommended calling your employees caregivers instead of EMTs or Paramedics as its supposed to imply that you consider your employees caring and empathetic. Instead they come off completely as patronizing and condescending.
I assume everyone that went to that convention got participation trophies?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
According to my friends/former coworkers there who got to talk with management, they (AMR) are supposedly gonna treat it like Doctors, Gold Coast, Medic West....i.e. McCormick is going to stay McCormick as a more or less independent operation. No AMR logos or patches on the rigs or uniforms, current AMR employees wanting to work for McCormick would still have to apply, test, interview, get hired, go to orientation and FTO field training to work for McCormick (and vice versa). They're supposedly not going to come in and make major operational changes (McCormick is keeping the same amount of 24 hour shifts and the same stations) and no one at the EMT and Paramedic level is going to lose their job, the new red rigs are staying etc etc. Apparently according to some AMR guy that came down the biggest operational change they are planning on is changing the ePCR to AMRs system, and hinted at payroll changed (while joking about how a lot of people probably got raises when the minimum wage increases, which is def true as McCormick's starting wage is minimum wage currently, with a 3% yearly raise ($0.33, I went from $10.50 to $10.83 with the yearly raise).

Apparently AMR is interested in having McCormick help staff their special event standbys though.

But otherwise per what the higher ups are saying, field crews shouldn't notice any drastic changes....of course there's the worry that in 6-12 months some AMR big wig won't show up and change half the policies and plenty of people are expressing concern about what happened with Doctors (and even AMR itself in Irwindale) losing their contract after being bought out (which management answered basically by saying not nice things about Care's bidding practices)