How old are you?

dmc2007

Forum Captain
20, but three weeks shy of 21.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
21 in the very near future. Been working for two years and still learning something everyday. It goes without saying to keep learning, but don't forget about sharing your knowledge as well.

Also, remember that working in EMS is still working a job that shares many similarities with the rest of the working world. You are replaceable and the company can function without you, so show them that you're valuable and capable. Show up early, be polite, don't break anything, and stay out of the company drama and politics. Most importantly, just be honest. If you make a mistake own up to it no matter the perceived consequences. In this job market, lying is grounds for immediate termination no matter who you are.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief

When you think you don't need to learn any more about your job, quit right then and there.

firecoins

IFT Puppet

Stay away from negative, emotionally draining people. Its amazing how many friends we have who meet this qualification. Just get rid of them.

Hunter

Forum Asst. Chief

Stay away from negative, emotionally draining people. Its amazing how many friends we have who meet this qualification. Just get rid of them.

+1000000

I'm 23, always care about your patients even the annoying stupid ones who call you at 3AM. Put yourself I'm their shoes.

dmc2007

Forum Captain

DrankTheKoolaid

Forum Deputy Chief

43, errr 25 with a few years experience.

Someone else already said it. Show kindness to everyone you come in contact with, even the frequent fliers who drive you nuts and the coworkers who do the same.

OP
OP
Always BSI

Always BSI

Forum Lieutenant
Thanks guys!

I forgot to mention my age. I'm 20 and turn 21 in 9 days... :beerchug:

I also just finished my last day of orientation. Next week I start my ride outs with my FTO. :)

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Some advice if you ever work in the hospital: They always code on the commode.

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
29..Though I feel more like 21 most days and cant believe Im 5 months away from 30.

Never stop learning this profession. Keep up with the research that is going on.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
if you want to lose weight, take up smoking.

CANDawg

Forum Asst. Chief
if you want to lose weight, take up smoking.

It's also good if you're suicidal and can't bring yourself to do it the quick way. It may take a while, but no one can argue with the results. ;)

/Sarcasm

Wait... what was the topic again? :p