How old are you?

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
20, and networking is the most important part of getting a job.

no, wait, I should rephrase that.... networking is the most important part of getting a GOOD job.

Doczilla

Forum Captain
I'm 27, and (I wish I knew this when I started at 18) :

Spend more time listening than talking. Never openly complain. It could always be worse. The worse it seems, find some humor in it.

" It may be cold, but at least its raining. "

Last edited by a moderator:

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
22, going on 23 in a few months.

My advice: make sure you use reliable sources when seeking information in this field. "YAHOO! Answers" doesn't cut it.

shiroun

Forum Lieutenant

Spend more time listening than talking. Never openly complain. It could always be worse. The worse it seems, find some humor in it.

I follow that pretty solidly. Only times I complain are when something is seriously wrong. It goes along the lines of "walk like a butterfly sting like a bee".

and I have some good advice from a 50 y/o at a fire dept i used to work at.

"You may be in a hurry, but you're never in a rush."

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief

I honestly thought you were older. You're an MD already or finishing up?

Doczilla

Forum Captain
Lol sorry , my name is misleading. The term "doc" comes from being a medic on the "front lines".

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
Lol sorry , my name is misleading. The term "doc" comes from being a medic on the "front lines".

I feel so betrayed :sad:

Merck

Forum Lieutenant

EMS for 17 years.

Just be nice to people. And don't ask inane questions while someone is doing a 12-lead.

Sandog

Forum Asst. Chief
50, Don't sweat the small stuff.

EMT91

Forum Lieutenant
20, will be 21 in November. My advice: Ask questions....even if you think its a "dumb" question, its better to ask in class then to ask in the field when the situation comes up.

firecoins

IFT Puppet

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
I am 28, and my piece of advise is READ that book A LOT.

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
I am 28, and my piece of advise is READ that book A LOT.

The EMT-B book? I'd suggest read it once then move on to other ones (though you can use it as a reference)! :)

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
The EMT-B book? I'd suggest read it once then move on to other ones (though you can use it as a reference)! :)

Absolutely agree, it's not likely that you'll expand your knowledge by reading the same text repeatedly, especially considering what is actually in that basic textbook.