first call of the day is...

OP
OP
titmouse

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
SOB and chest pain and you know, add some obesity on top of that since I only got 5 hours of sleep.

MonkeyArrow

Forum Asst. Chief
Lower leg pain. No fracture or other deformity confirmed by x-ray.

Rialaigh

Forum Asst. Chief
Standby...
and then Standby...
and then Standby....3 seperate times in the same location, 3 run reports...3 call numbers....winner winner

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
It was a guy stung by a swarm of bees. Unconscious when the wife called 911. Neighbor had an epi pen and jammed him with it. Alert and talking when we got there. Bleeding from big hole in leg.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
It was nothing. Pulled a weekend daytime no hitter during the summer at a resort-ish station.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Double cardiac arrest. Boyfriend and Girlfriend Heroine OD in a parking lot.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Mutual aid response into the neighboring city, ground level fall due to weakness. Unfortunately our patient was headed to the bathroom and couldn't hold it...it was number 2...and all over the poor guy by the time we arrived

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Double cardiac arrest. Boyfriend and Girlfriend Heroine OD in a parking lot.
Sounds like a trip. My record for a heroin OD flophouse remains 3. Every room we went into revealed a new respiratory/cardiac arrest.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Unresponsive ETOH in a parking lot yesterday. I missed all the fun today though.

OP
OP
titmouse

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
Dialysis

OP
OP
titmouse

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
Do you really run dialysis that often?

We only have a few dialysis patients, and unless you're :censored::censored::censored::censored:listed by dispatch, you won't get em.

Gotta love punitive dispatching.

From what I know we only have a handful of dialysis patients, I just happen to get them

DieselBolus

Forum Crew Member
From what I know we only have a handful of dialysis patients, I just happen to get them

That's no fun. Sounds like a similar situation to my company. I find dialysis centers can be a total emotional drain. Though as long as the ambulance necessity is truly there, they are easy calls where you are absolutely making a difference in someone's life.

UnkiEMT

Forum Truck Monkey
Premium Member
Do you really run dialysis that often?

We only have a few dialysis patients, and unless you're :censored::censored::censored::censored:listed by dispatch, you won't get em.

Gotta love punitive dispatching.

Don't you budget for donuts for dispatch?

Every three months or so, take an appropriate amount in. Your life improves immensely.