EMTLife Announces Premium Memberships

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
EMTLifers,

Are you looking to get more out of EMTLife while supporting the community?

EMTLife offers premium memberships to those who wish to support the ongoing growth and maintenance of the community. To show our appreciation for your support, premium memberships come with additional perks:

• Private Forum for Premium Members
  • Larger Private Message Inbox
  • Extended Editing Privileges
  • Ability to Change Username
  • and much more!
Learn more about Premium EMTLife membership upgrades!

medic417

The Truth Provider
You should give all that are over 4000 posts free premium memberships as thanks for helping make emtlife a popular site and getting it high up on the search engines.

OP
OP
MMiz

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
You should give all that are over 4000 posts free premium memberships as thanks for helping make emtlife a popular site and getting it high up on the search engines.
I'm hoping we can start rewarding members with high post counts, but I don't think it'll be through this program.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
We get a key-chain? Count me in

CANDawg

Forum Asst. Chief
Done and done. This forum helped me a lot when I was first getting into EMS, so I'm more than willing to help pay back some of the costs of webhosting and upkeep. The perks are great too!! :cool:

One request: Can you the "Premium Membership" link in the upper navigation bar disappear once you've been upgraded to premium membership? My 'User CP' link isn't in the same spot anymore. My muscle memory is confused!

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Are you asking for that avatar? We can make that happen, you know!

premiummember.gif

JPINFV

Gadfly
So when does everyone get their new tag?

premiummember.gif

Edit... almost simulpost...

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
I wish this posted last week when I had some money! >.>

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I wish this posted last week when I had some money! >.>

Well, your Christmas money should be showing up in a couple of weeks. We'll wait.;)

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
There's always next week.

Or, you could drop the hint to someone special. Might even be someone that just wants you to spend more time here so you'll be out of their hair.
:rofl:

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
I remember when a certain other site started asking for donations from it's loyal following to help improve/upgrade services with all kinds of perks bestowed upon those who did so.

Then soon after general membership was toyed with.

All of this was met with resounding indignation including affirmation from this site that no fees would ever be imposed.

While this is a voluntary action at this time for those who can to do so and enjoy a perk or two, it is a slippery slope once you start. History and the accurate documentation and recall of it can be your friend.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I remember when a certain other site started asking for donations from it's loyal following to help improve/upgrade services with all kinds of perks bestowed upon those who did so.

Then soon after general membership was toyed with.

All of this was met with resounding indignation including affirmation from this site that no fees would ever be imposed.

While this is a voluntary action at this time for those who can to do so and enjoy a perk or two, it is a slippery slope once you start. History and the accurate documentation and recall of it can be your friend.

We're aware of that...it's taken us three years to get to this point, since we first started discussing it. It was not a decision we implemented lightly.

Achilles

Forum Moron
Premium+ should have larger file size avatars as well.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader

Not sure we want to do that. A one line response would then take up more screen space. We'll discuss it, though.

CANDawg

Forum Asst. Chief

Not sure I agree. Remember that everyone who loads a thread you posted in loads your avatar as well. I don't want to wait 20 seconds for a page to load every time I jump into the 100% Directionless Thread because one prolific poster has a 5MB gif as an avatar. :eek:

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Not sure I agree. Remember that everyone who loads a thread you posted in loads your avatar as well. I don't want to wait 20 seconds for a page to load every time I jump into the 100% Directionless Thread because one prolific poster has a 5MB gif as an avatar. :eek:

Especially in Tapatalk.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
It says we can change our screen name. I want to change mine to Mr. Brown :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: