Do you have a nickname?

Anjel

Forum Angel

MKwolek

Forum Ride Along
My last name Kwolek has been turned into Kwola Bear. It doesn't hurt that I'm 6'3 290 and prefer to have facial hair.

KempoEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Haha that's awesome. I had to look at FB to remember your last name.

The nickname I got while I was going through EMT was Diaphoretic Dan.

Jazzy

Forum Ride Along
My partner gave the nickname of Tomatoes. It is not because I am a redhead. It was because I had a tomato garden this year and produced more that my family could eat, so I brought them into work and gave them away to my coworkers. He never calls me that on-scene thankfully.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
I guess Chase could be considered a nickname since its not my given name but someone that turned into Chaz. Literally every teacher at school calls me that no matter how many times I correct them. My friends get a laugh out of it.

hogwiley

Forum Captain
In the Marines I got the nickname "crash" after I took a nasty spill on a KLR 250 while going through combat motorcycle school.

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief
Clareamedic, kind of an obvious combination of Clare and Paramedic.

Hopefully my discovery of the "LMA" in the kitchen sink at work will get "Spongy" to catch on, less "really?" factor than "Clareamedic".

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Clareamedic, kind of an obvious combination of Clare and Paramedic.

Hopefully my discovery of the "LMA" in the kitchen sink at work will get "Spongy" to catch on, less "really?" factor than "Clareamedic".

But do you really want that as a nickname?

I will say, there's one place I've run where they randomly assign nicknames to everyone. Like Jeff isn't Jeff. He's now called "Fred".

It was rather confusing until I understood what was going on, and that Captain Jeff was the guy everyone was calling Fred.

Last edited by a moderator:

firecoins

IFT Puppet
My name is Forrest Gump. People call me Forrest Gump

TheLocalMedic

Grumpy Badger
The owner of the company I work for is either terrible at names or deliberately trying not to remember them. As a result he calls people some random names and somehow they end up sticking. Poor Ryan is now known as "Vern", and we also have a "Mitchel", "Terrance", "Frank" and "Wookie". I'm now known as "Big Hoss", but have alternately been called "Mike", "Roger" and "Hey, you with the face". :rolleyes:

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

BTown714

Forum Probie
In middle school, I was given a few nicknames:
- The Wall (because of how big I was/am)
- Big Bill (I LOVE NASCAR)
- The Human Stinkbomb (I cut some pretty bad farts. lol)

In high school JROTC, I was given a LOT of nicknames:
- Sarge
- Cap
- Lone Wolf
- Hawkeye
- Chief
- Big Hoss
- Doc
- Bandit

unleashedfury

Forum Asst. Chief
Since we revived a few year old thread I'll chime in..

Most people call me by my last name,,

At my old job I was known as crash, since the kid that was driving me wrecked a ambulance with me in it I was thrown through the cubicle in the center.

most recently its been "House" cause I lack the patienece for stupidity,, and I've been blessed with a ton of "medical oddity cases"

toxik153

Forum Probie
Captain Colada

I would buy the colada's (cuban coffee) for class. One day a guy called me out in class "Hey Capt. Colada you gettin the coffe right?" and it stuck from there.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
As of 2011, Grandpa.

Before that, over time:

Chromedome

Dr Gofast

Captain Gadget, (USAF)

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere