COVID VACCINE - The Megathread

Would you get the Pfizer vaccine if it were available to you?

• Total voters

E tank

Caution: Paralyzing Agent
Yeah sorry I saw that reply on the next page when I quoted you..

My wife is getting her booster sometime this week, I'll see how she does.. We both had covid and the first round.. I had moderna, she had pfizer..
honest question...too lazy to look...is there any known benefit for a natural immunity + 2 shot vaccs rec'ing a booster?

FiremanMike

Just a dude
honest question...too lazy to look...is there any known benefit for a natural immunity + 2 shot vaccs rec'ing a booster?
I honestly don't know.. I will say my wife had her booster yesterday and she's miserable.. bad joint pain..

FiremanMike

Just a dude
If you don't mind me asking, did she feel that way when she had her first two shots?
Her and I both got our first shot, then got covid, then got our second shot (on schedule). We both had a rough time with the second shot, she says this is much worse..

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
So if the vaccine becomes mandatory to be employed, will that mean the booster is mandatory for continued employment?

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
So if the vaccine becomes mandatory to be employed, will that mean the booster is mandatory for continued employment?
I also had to get a Hep B booster as my work physical found no reactivity. We require Hep B vaccinations, so guess who got a booster.

Also, AMR announced today that all employees must be vaccinated by 11/24.

Their guidance also specifically states if you sustain a vaccine injury that this would be covered under workers comp insurance.

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
As of now, the hospital I contract for considers fully vaccinated to be 2 doses and nobody anticipates that changing until there is better guidance.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Got my Moderna booster. We’ll see if I feel like crap when I wake up tomorrow morning. To my recollection it seemed most opportunistic throughout the night for me.

FiremanMike

Just a dude
Got my Moderna booster. We’ll see if I feel like crap when I wake up tomorrow morning. To my recollection it seemed most opportunistic throughout the night for me.
Definitely let me know.. had a deputy die in the last week, that makes 5 active cops/firemen in the last month..

It’s enough for me to want the booster..

mgr22

Forum Deputy Chief
Definitely let me know.. had a deputy die in the last week, that makes 5 active cops/firemen in the last month..

It’s enough for me to want the booster..
Got the booster. No major issues. Definitely better than taking chances with a breakthrough infection, in my opinion.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
@FiremanMike for me, the Moderna booster has just made me feel sore all over. No temp though, which is a vast improvement from both CV-19 and the first 2 doses.

MEDicJohn

Forum Crew Member
San Diego is making Covid Vaccine mandatory for all renewal and initial county cert. I received phizer round of vaccinations mild side effects soreness and headache no fever, no plan on booster. Never got Covid as of yet definitely have seen a ton of cases though.

Bullets

Forum Knucklehead
Got the booster. No major issues. Definitely better than taking chances with a breakthrough infection, in my opinion.
What really gets me with all these protests is that COVID is the lading cause of LODD for the last 2 years. Project 100 is and should be a point of emphasis for LE yet COVID alone took 200 per year. I still have officers on every call not even wearing a simple mask, let alone an N95.

As there isnt a ton of evidence for routine 3rd shots, my hospital system has yet to make any mention of requiring it, though it is available and you can mix if desired.