COVID VACCINE - The Megathread

Would you get the Pfizer vaccine if it were available to you?

• Total voters

VentMonkey

Family Guy

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
The Moderna booster? Did you have Covid/ the initial vaxxes already as well?
Got the rona back in July of 2020 before any of the vaccines were available. Got Pfizer #1 in December. Got Pfizer #2 in January. Got the booster yesterday.

Summit

Critical Crazy
I’m also ready for the word “pandemic” to no longer be a thing. When will a common cold go back to being a common effing cold already?

Me too, but as long as its generating so many patients that I can't transfer my ICUs to and this one disease is 40% of my vents in use, we can't treat it as the common cold. After almost everyone has either been vaccinated or infected, then yea it will probably rightfully get treated like the flu. Right now we are waiting for the vaccine refusers to all get infected, but at a rate slow enough that we don't have to cancel even more surgeries and have subpar care etc. Fingers crossed soon!

This whole pariah feeling just for being stuffed up during, well, cold, flu, and allergies season is assanine already.

I am speaking (venting) generally here, but my most recent test was negative so that’s good.
I for one hope we as a society don't go back to thinking it's tots cool to, like, go to work sick and out to the restaurant while constantly having to wipe your infectious snot. Why was that ever chill?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Yeah sorry I saw that reply on the next page when I quoted you..

My wife is getting her booster sometime this week, I'll see how she does.. We both had covid and the first round.. I had moderna, she had pfizer..
Oh no. She is team Pfizer and you are team Moderna. My condolences to your marriage haha

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I for one hope we as a society don't go back to thinking it's tots cool to, like, go to work sick and out to the restaurant while constantly having to wipe your infectious snot. Why was that ever chill?
I’m definitely not advocating for this, however sadly, this too will most likely never be the case.

While I by no means think this sort of mindset is “chill”, I (and my body) will typically draw the line at fever.

When I develop a fever with malaise along with any of the above accompanying symptoms it’s usually enough to keep me in bed for a day or two.

I just don’t know when the CV-19 tests will no longer be required empirically, that’s my gripe.

Neither your nor my example’s wreak of common sense however.

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
It’s more of a “I can’t afford to call out/not go to work sick” thing.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
I never understood the “doctors note” rule. If you’re too sick to go to work, how are you healthy enough to go to the doctor? When I was at McDonald’s and I called out sick (via text because I did openings), I included a pic of the thermometer showing my 102.3 degree fever because I knew they might ask for a doctors note.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
And in the corporate world, it's an "I don't want my boss to think I'm giving less than 100%" thing. It's ridiculous, but I never saw anyone get sent home for being infectious.
back when I was on the ambulance, I was assigned to work with a person who had full blown pink eye. I was like, "go home sick" and he didn't want to... and the supervisor wasn't going to send him home when I mentioned this to her, so....

mgr22

Forum Deputy Chief
back when I was on the ambulance, I was assigned to work with a person who had full blown pink eye. I was like, "go home sick" and he didn't want to... and the supervisor wasn't going to send him home when I mentioned this to her, so....
I think some supervisors focus on how inconvenient it would be for them to send a sick employee home -- having to get a replacement, or fill-in themselves.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
I think some supervisors focus on how inconvenient it would be for them to send a sick employee home -- having to get a replacement, or fill-in themselves.
that is a very fair point... I was more worried about catching my coworker's conjunctivitis or having him pass it along to one of our elderly and possibly immunocompromised patients... I guess we all have different priorities

mgr22

Forum Deputy Chief
that is a very fair point... I was more worried about catching my coworker's conjunctivitis or having him pass it along to one of our elderly and possibly immunocompromised patients... I guess we all have different priorities
My priorities would be the same as yours.

Summit

Critical Crazy
The HR "profession" and MBAs killed off separate sick and vacation banks in most all industries over the last two decades.

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
Not to mention how anti union people are.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief