Your Controversial EMS-Related Opinion

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
People who want an ambulance to show up when they call 911.
They don't pay now, what makes you think they'll pay for a more expensive taxi ride?

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
They don't pay now, what makes you think they'll pay for a more expensive taxi ride?
uber requires cash up front... or at least a credit card on file...

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Operating model wise, PD and EMS have more alignment than EMS and FD. If I had to combine services, I might rather combine PD and EMS rather than FD and EMS.

jgmedic

Fire Truck Driver
Operating model wise, PD and EMS have more alignment than EMS and FD. If I had to combine services, I might rather combine PD and EMS rather than FD and EMS.
When I was in medic school the instructors talked about Woodbury, MN as a place that does this and apparently it's pretty effective.

HardKnocks

Forum Lieutenant
What controversial opinion(s) do you have about EMS?

I'll go first: those that refuse to be vaccinated shouldn't be in EMS.
1) An associate of mine, SWAT Officer, 40 y/o Male, life long Athlete/Runner, in excellent shape died of a Thrombotic Event withing 15 hrs of receiving the Covid Vaccine;

2) Some people, like myself have has serious reations to certain vaccines and are medically advised against the receiving Covid Vaccine;

3) Herd Immunity offers greated protection than the Covid Vaccine and is ignore due to the focus on Profitiblility;

4) If the vaccine was a real vaccine, meaning it made your body produce antibodies against the virus and prevent its spread the vaccine would be more accepted. But Post Vaccine Patients are still testing positive and repeatedly cycling through the virus.

This Covid virus is here to stay, along with the yearly Flu virus. Get used to it.

HK

mgr22

Forum Deputy Chief
1) An associate of mine, SWAT Officer, 40 y/o Male, life long Athlete/Runner, in excellent shape died of a Thrombotic Event withing 15 hrs of receiving the Covid Vaccine;

2) Some people, like myself have has serious reations to certain vaccines and are medically advised against the receiving Covid Vaccine;

3) Herd Immunity offers greated protection than the Covid Vaccine and is ignore due to the focus on Profitiblility;

4) If the vaccine was a real vaccine, meaning it made your body produce antibodies against the virus and prevent its spread the vaccine would be more accepted. But Post Vaccine Patients are still testing positive and repeatedly cycling through the virus.

This Covid virus is here to stay, along with the yearly Flu virus. Get used to it.

HK
Is your opinion about #3 based on anything factual, or is it just the way you feel?

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member

HK
This entire post demonstrates a fundamental lack of understanding of how this vaccine works and what the point of being vaccinated really is.

Plus, there’s another thread for this.

Summit

Critical Crazy

MackTheKnife

BSN, RN-BC, EMT-P, TCRN, CEN
AEMT should be the minimum to work on a 911 ambulance.

AEMT should have needle decomp.

Paramedic should be a 2 year degree and CCP or CP should each be another year.
Agree with the degree!

MackTheKnife

It’s a monkey skill. It’s part of CLS/TCCC taught to 18 year old troops. I teach it in TECC. The reward is well worth the (minimal) risk.
And crics are taught in PHTLS. And ND is a monkey skill. Doesn't take a medic to do it.

MackTheKnife

I honestly wonder if hospital providers (doctors, nurses, PAs, etc) think that most paramedics are incompetent due to their relative lack of education, in the same way, that some paramedics think most EMTs are incompetent due to their relative lack of education
No one in my ED thinks our fantastic medics are incompetent, period, for any reason. Degrees for medics is something that needs to happen. This goes to getting better pay, for one. Everyone in the medical field, except for CNAs, have a degree requirement. My hospital requires BSNs for RNs. The more education you have, the pay is usually higher. I just wish our medics were allowed to fully operate within their scope of practice.

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
Mother in laws?

E tank

Caution: Paralyzing Agent
No one in my ED thinks our fantastic medics are incompetent, period, for any reason. Degrees for medics is something that needs to happen. This goes to getting better pay, for one. Everyone in the medical field, except for CNAs, have a degree requirement. My hospital requires BSNs for RNs. The more education you have, the pay is usually higher. I just wish our medics were allowed to fully operate within their scope of practice.
And it will allow profiteering opportunists that have left patient care to line their pockets with the endless and ever expanding requirements to remain in practice! (Like is happening from the allied health level to brain surgeon). Cost of education not keeping up with remuneration in the actual job is causing folks to decide if their going to spend all the money on an expensive education, they won't do it for one they'll only do for a few years.

Bullets

Forum Knucklehead

HK
Yeah, and i still get a flu vaccine every year

My controvesial opinion is that HEMS should be able to and encouraged to triage back to ground, and that HEMS projects should be regulated and a limit on projects should be set by a governing body. Not every hospital with a pad should be allowed to throw a bird in the air