What is your most ridiculous call?

Phishbohn

Forum Probie
Just in 30 mins ago.

MVA 1 vehicle 1 pt, broken nose. Cause putting eye drops in while driving.

Achilles

Forum Moron
I had a call to the emtlife.com,
Haven't left since I got here!:D

DFRJunkie

Forum Ride Along
Got a call for a 38yr female with dizziness, headache and had fallen out of her bed. We get there, the woman is a hoarder. And also wanted assistance getting back into bed because she was overweight and could not do so herself. She's a frequent caller, too.

ZombieEMT

Chief Medical Zombie
Premium Member
Two Recent Ones

1st: Get called to the local police department for a diabetic emergency. The only information the dispatcher could provide in route was "police are requesting EMS for a diabetic emergency, nothing further." Diabetic calls are ALS protocol and therefor an ALS unit is attached to the call. Upon arrival, we find the patient with PD wanting to take his diabetes medication, prescribed to him. Police wanted him "assessed" prior to taking his prescribed medication. Needless to say, no need for ALS, no need for BLS, no emergency.

2nd: Get called to a frequent flyer who also happens to be an alcoholic. The report we receive is for a possible stroke. Upon arrival patient stated that he believed he was having a stroke because his finger was numb and that his was feeling altered (after drinking a 12 pack). ALS triaged to BLS, patient discharged from ER shortly after arriving.

dogboy

Forum Ride Along
nightmare

The most ridiculous call I have ever heard of was one of our crews being dispatched to a nightmare. 40 something year old male woke up screaming so his wife called 911. That part is understandable. The crew got a refusal, but as they were pulling back in quarters were called out again. The guy changed his mind and wanted to go to the hospital. That is ridiculous.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Patient in peds clinic this week.

C/C: Swollen lip.

Dx: Cold sore.

I don't get how pediatricians can do this without going insane.

feldy

Forum Captain
call to a male ETOH pt...boarded/Cspine after a fall, had a large egg on his head. While still on scene, dispatched asked us to check on another ETOH pt around the corner...It was Pt 1's 1dentical twin brother!...Actually.

Kaput

Forum Ride Along
had a few good ones, being in control lets you take in all the quality calls that come through :p

1) man with a drinking straw stuck in his penis...just don't ask

2) man who had inserted candle into anus which had then broken off.

3) paramedic responding to a cardiac arrest that turned out to be a dead goldfish

4) various callers phoning for an ambulance because they 'have run out of money on a night out and can't get home so they need a lift'

heh
Obviously he needed to get up in the morning.
images

BSE

Forum Probie
A long time ago, I picked up a guy who shoved approx 3 feet of phone cord up his urethra. He claimed someone "put it there" after he passed out from a night of drinking.

He later confessed it was a fetish. The cord coiled and knotted up in his bladder...he couldn't pull it out. Required surgery.

CANDawg

Forum Asst. Chief

sirengirl

Forum Lieutenant
The most ridiculous call I have ever heard of was one of our crews being dispatched to a nightmare...

Partner and I last month responded for a respiratory. Get there and the woman tells us that she was sleeping, and then she was short of breath, but she can't remember/doesn't know if she woke up short of breath, or if she was just dreaming that she was short of breath.

She was not short of breath at that time. In fact, had no current complaints.

And yes she went to the hospital.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Partner and I last month responded for a respiratory. Get there and the woman tells us that she was sleeping, and then she was short of breath, but she can't remember/doesn't know if she woke up short of breath, or if she was just dreaming that she was short of breath.

She was not short of breath at that time. In fact, had no current complaints.

And yes she went to the hospital.

To triage with you! ;)

WCAD1620

Forum Ride Along
hiccups...for some reason they thought we would be able to cure them...yes i tried to scare him...it didnt work and the supervisor had to leave the room(laughing, crying actually) followed promptly be me...my partner did not know what to do...we even had to call the ED to make them feel better. i think they thought we were lying, lol!

Fire51

Forum Lieutenant
Called out for a female with a broken arm at a trailer complex. When we arrived she was very agitated with at , when out of no where she started swinging her broken forearm at us. She was going nuts, we had to hold her down while the medic pushed so versed to calm her down. All in all it was pretty funny and we all had a good laugh after the call.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
We had a discharge from the hospital to the SNF, not an uncommon call considering I work BLS IFT. We get there and the nurse tells us he's only going there to pick up his things as he's already been discharged from the SNF and then he'll call a cab to go home, but not to worry, the doctor already cleared him for the cab. When I asked why he needed an ambulance in the first place, she answered "he's leaving the hospital going to a SNF, they're always supposed to get an ambulance". Needles to say we called dispatch who called the nurses desk to figure it out and a few minutes later the call was canceled due to "lack of medical necessity"

phideux

Forum Captain
Had a transport call the other day, luckily it got cancelled on us. Patiet originally called 911 for transport, but he wanted to go to a hospital 100 miles away. They tell him they can't do that, he needs to call a transport company for something like that. So he called our company, guy had no insurance, no job, living with his momma on her welfare and subsidized housing. Was told by dispatch that if he didn't have a PCS from a doctor authorizing the transport, we couldn't take him, unless he wanted to pre pay prior to us transporting.
His complaint, he was 600+lbs, and his testicles were 65lbs, he wanted to be transported for evaluation.
1). This probably didn't happen overnight, what, all of a sudden, made this an emergency at 0100hr on Memorial day???

2). how do people get into the 600+lb range living on welfare and food stamps??? We must be giving them way to much food stamp money to get that big.

3). How does he know his testicle weighed 65lbs???? How do you weigh an attached testicle????

4). When you weigh 600+lbs, you can't reach your testicle, he must have a really good friend to do the weigh-in.

5). I think it would have been an emergency to me when a testicle starts getting into the 1lb range(and that's a hell of a stretch).

AlphaOmega

Forum Probie
Wow...I dont even.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
0200 dispatched to a unknown medical. Get on scene to find that the pt called because she couldn't reach her water...

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
0200 dispatched to a unknown medical. Get on scene to find that the pt called because she couldn't reach her water...

Sounds like a Sun City Del Webb call