What is your most ridiculous call?

NJEMT95

Forum Lieutenant
Toned out for rectal bleeding for a man at police HQ requesting an ambulance.

Turns out, he had retracted his foreskin and it got stuck. He tried for 3 hours to get it back over the head to no avail.
Worst part was giving the report to the nurse in the ER.

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
Not mine but overweight female recieving social services support called 911 wanting to be taken to the antique shop via "amp-you-lamps"

I've been called for

More beer
More weed
Too much weed
Too much ephedra
Rx refill
O2 tank change
Hungry
Tired
Psych holds for elderly dementia (pre existing)
Dry skin

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Dispatched because the patient was out of glucometer test strips and wanted the paramedics to come check his blood sugar.

Luckily that was downgraded to BLS before I got up out of bed.

JPINFV

Gadfly

Turns out, he had retracted his foreskin and it got stuck. He tried for 3 hours to get it back over the head to no avail.

Legitimate potential emergency. Did you inspect his penis?

I actually had something similar when I was working at a waterpark. A kid managed to get his penis incarcerated in the net lining of his swim trunks.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ci-LX9fd064[/YOUTUBE]

sirengirl

Forum Lieutenant
At a hospital going in to take a patient from the foor to a rehab facility. See our other crew also coming out with a patient. Load her in the back of the ambulance and the patient starts crying. Watch for 5 minutes (partner writing paperwork in the meantime) as patient's husband and crew talks to her and tries to calm her down. Flag the driver over and ask what she's so upset about. Driver shrugs,

"She wants to face the other way."

"Let me get this straight.... She is crying because she wants to face the other way on the stretcher?"

"....Yes."

:huh: Really...

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief

That's legit though. Out here it would have gone BLS, because our PD contracts with us privately as well.

Not sure why they officer couldn't just drive them. They have to stick with them anyway.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
At a hospital going in to take a patient from the foor to a rehab facility. See our other crew also coming out with a patient. Load her in the back of the ambulance and the patient starts crying. Watch for 5 minutes (partner writing paperwork in the meantime) as patient's husband and crew talks to her and tries to calm her down. Flag the driver over and ask what she's so upset about. Driver shrugs,

"She wants to face the other way."

"Let me get this straight.... She is crying because she wants to face the other way on the stretcher?"

"....Yes."

:huh: Really...

Why not just turn her so she stops crying and is comfortable?

I had an interesting one the other day, google "exit bag". Worked it in the middle of the forest.

sirengirl

Forum Lieutenant
Why not just turn her so she stops crying and is comfortable?

I had an interesting one the other day, google "exit bag". Worked it in the middle of the forest.

If I remember correctly, she wa a stretcher transport because she had hit undergone knee surgery. Had to keep her leg straight. And obviously the stretchers only go into the ambulance one way... Never found out what happened with her...

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
If I remember correctly, she wa a stretcher transport because she had hit undergone knee surgery. Had to keep her leg straight. And obviously the stretchers only go into the ambulance one way... Never found out what happened with her...

Ohhhhh flipped around that way, I get it now :D

LEB343

Forum Probie
14 y/o male who had a nightmare. Mom called 911. Transported to hospital for no reason. Kid was so embarrassed.

truetiger

Forum Asst. Chief
Dispatched at 0200 for a vaginal bleed in the ghetto. Arrive to the scene to find a 30 something year old black female ambulatory on her porch. Patient states she's had a vag bleed x 3 months. Upon further interrogation ( she offered this info without being asked) she states that before everything up there felt "smooth" and that now it feels like a "bad potato."

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Dispatched at 0200 for a vaginal bleed in the ghetto. Arrive to the scene to find a 30 something year old black female ambulatory on her porch. Patient states she's had a vag bleed x 3 months. Upon further interrogation ( she offered this info without being asked) she states that before everything up there felt "smooth" and that now it feels like a "bad potato."

Yummy

MJG

Forum Probie
There are so many calls which come to my mind right now. The most ridiculous ones probably were:
  • A Code red for a 45 yo male with difficulties breathing. The guy was all well and asked about his breathing problems, he told us, that he had nightly breathing difficulties nearly every night since a couple of weeks.
    Note: It was 2 pm.
  • Code amber for a 30 yo woman with a charley horse in the left leg. A bit of stretching did the trick.
  • Code amber: 2 Guys living together that were angry at each other. Each of them wanted to get a compulsory hospitalization for the other one, so that he could have the apartment for himself.

Cheers from Hamburg, Germany.

Milla3P

Forum Lieutenant
Last week my wife went to a residence at 0505 for ankle pain. Found 92 y/o male. Obtained a PMHx: COPD, circumcision.

MadMedic

Forum Probie
Had a call from a addict at 0230 that was out of drugs for the last 4 hours, found him sitting in his drive way with his backpack on waiting for us. Alarm stated the PT says his whole body hurts and it radiates everywhere. PT repeated statement when we arrived.:rofl:

james88

Forum Probie
0200: 80-something post fall x2 days c/o hip pain. Pt was at the doctor 10 hours prior. 2 cars in the driveway, 4 competent family members. Preferred hospital that was an extra 30 minutes away. :rolleyes:

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
0200: 80-something post fall x2 days c/o hip pain. Pt was at the doctor 10 hours prior. 2 cars in the driveway, 4 competent family members. Preferred hospital that was an extra 30 minutes away. :rolleyes:

We would politely tell the patient that we would not be going there.