What is your most ridiculous call?

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Allowed

46Young

Level 25 EMS Wizard
Two:

A 38 y/o female called us for dry, red, itchy hands, on a suny 60 degree day, five blocks from the hospital, all packed up and ready to go.

A pt that called in a cardiac arrest from a pay phone...... for himself! (bum that wanted a bed and a meal at the hospital)

Oh yeah, any "aye tach" call. You know, female supine on the couch after a verbal altercation with her man or her teenage children, aye aye aye aye aye aye aye aye aye aye no puedo, aye aye aye aye aye aye aye aye aye no puedo respirar!! Aye tach is more that 200 aye's a minute.

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
Goofiest call: Engine and Medic Ambulance to certain intersection to check for slippery substance on the road. In January, During an Ice Storm. after the Engine slid through the intersection they call dispatch and stated that the slippery substance on the roads during an ice storm is usually ICE!!

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Oh yeah, any "aye tach" call. You know, female supine on the couch after a verbal altercation with her man or her teenage children, aye aye aye aye aye aye aye aye aye aye no puedo, aye aye aye aye aye aye aye aye aye no puedo respirar!! Aye tach is more that 200 aye's a minute.

We have a name for this at work, I'm not sure if I should post it on here. It's not profane but may be offensive to some :huh:

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
We have a name for this at work, I'm not sure if I should post it on here. It's not profane but may be offensive to some :huh:

We have a name for it too. And it might be offensive to some people as well :rofl:

IRIDEZX6R

Forum Captain
First call as a ride along while still in academy. 42yo/F Her chief complaint being "im hot and sweating". Vital WNL. Me and my preceptors looked at eachother... It was 103 degrees out and she was attending a little leage baseball game.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member

MHA or Chicken bref (I can bref and you can bref but chi can't bref)

truetiger

Forum Asst. Chief
Flying Motorcycle

Had a crotch rocket ramp off of an overpass that is approximately 50ft in the air, bike and all. It's estimated he was doing over 100 mph when he drove up the side wall and went flying over. He landed 190ft away in the grassy median area below the overpass.

phideux

Forum Captain
We have a chronic CHFer that likes his cocaine, and likes a ride to the hospital for (chest pain, abd pain, shortness of breath, whatever) on a daily basis. Took him in one day, charge nurse sent us to triage. Got toned out 30 minutes later, to the hospital waiting room. They were taking too long getting to our guy, so he called 911 from the waiting room, wanting to go to the ER in the next town over. Luckily he went with PD for misuse of 911 instead.

traumaluv2011

Forum Lieutenant
When I was doing my ride time we got dispatched to some sort of clinic for chest pain. We arrived on scene and the patient ruptured her brachial artery from a skin graft she had. I guess the surgery caused the problem. We got to the scene and the doctor had already controlled the bleeding and wrapped it in dressing. We didn't do anything but transport her, but I was like how do you mess that dispatch up? I think we'd expedite the response for arterial bleeding.

Sasha

Forum Chief
I'd think chest pain would require enough of an expedited response...

Lady_EMT

Forum Lieutenant
Got called to an "overdose," arrived to find a man in his 30-40s who had smoked a bag of potpourri, thinking it was salvia.

Foul smelling potpourri, mind you, not sure if you would want your house smelling like it did haha can't imagine why you would smoke it.

---
- This post brought to you by Tapatalk

traumaluv2011

Forum Lieutenant
I'd think chest pain would require enough of an expedited response...

We were on call at the station for my ride time so we had a pretty good response. We just ran with lights and turned on the siren at lighted intersection and didn't really go over speed limit. We were close enough that we got there in 5 minutes. I guess the driver was a bit too cautious.

JPINFV

Gadfly
We were close enough that we got there in 5 minutes. I guess the driver was a bit too cautious.

...because 4 minutes 45 seconds instead of 5 minutes would have made a difference? Especially compared to the delay if you would have been in an accident?

IRIDEZX6R

Forum Captain
...because 4 minutes 45 seconds instead of 5 minutes would have made a difference? Especially compared to the delay if you would have been in an accident?

+100

BedpanCommando

Forum Probie
12:30 AM outside of Fairbanks AK, mid January. Temp about -20F. Dispatcher calls me direct in the station (just a little odd) to send my rig to the base dining hall for a man whose "penis is missing" his words not mine. Wake my partner up and drive to the location without L/S. and make contact. Seems this 19 y/o just arrived and couldn’t sleep so went for a walk. Jeans, t-shirt and a light jacket. He had to pee so he stopped in the chow hall. Low and behold the cold had worked its magic on his "Junk" really well. By the way it made a re-appearance shortly after warming up.

JBFab

Forum Ride Along
Bee Sting

Got called to a bee sting case. (We are a Med. First Responder Service in a rural area) While we are trained in the use of Epi-pens, we don't carry them. Anyway get to the lady who is sitting outside in a folding chair, c/o SOB, pain in her chest, and paralysis of both arms. Very calm about the whole thing. Started her on high flow O2 by NRB, and started taking vitals. I went to to work on the vitals, and asked her to hold the mask - amazing her arm jumped right up and grabbed it!

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Getting a c/c from dispatch as "pneumonia" and showing up to find dizziness secondary to hypotension tertiary to a GI bleed.

Last edited by a moderator:

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
Got sent by dispatch to take a patient from ECF to inpatient room at a small hospital 20 min away.
Get to the ECF and check out the pt in her room; (RN states that she has been weak and dizzy * 2 days; worse than normal); I asked RN if they had VS from the last few days; and was told that their orders were only to do her VS weekly, sunday mornings.
We do a set of VS (which the RN got upset about, because I was told that we couldn't do them (it was thursday).
HR 96 B/P 52/18 (we both checked and even the nurse checked it) couldn't get a SPO2. Pt was confused and weak, though. Loaded pt on cot, on O2, fast to the truck; start emergent to the hospital; Fluid boluses and Dopamine. Called the ED; told them that it was supposed to be a direct admit; but we were stopping there due to the BP and IV's and Dopamine.
When we arrived the charge nurse had a fit because if it was a direct admit we didn't have permission to do anything to the patient except take her to a room.
ED doc walked in asked what was going on, nurse gave her report; without mentioning pt condition. I gave mine doctor checked VS and told us to stick around because she needed a 'real hospital' his words not mine. He also kicked the charge nurse out of the room, asking her to send in a real nurse. We transported her in 25 minutes. Her BP came up to 80/40 with Dopamine at 20mcg/min/kg.

And people say that IFT's are boring, and you never see anything good