What does your agency ride in...

Silverado94

Forum Probie
Our backup rig is 1996 Mobile Medical Type III NO LEG ROOM 6'0" and i can't hardly drive that piece of crap. Our first out rig is a 2006 Horton Type III all i have to say is Wow the leg room i can even recline a little.

mfrjason

Forum Lieutenant
YOur right Chic0,too bad it is a van,cuz it would look slammin if the paint job was on a type III.

keith10247

Forum Lieutenant
Ok, first off, I love seeing the difference in the ambulances out there in the field. i just wanted to contribute pictures of my station's ambulances.

Our first ambulance is a 2005 International with an Excellence PT Compartment. We primarily staff it as a BLS unit but if we have a medic we can staff it as an ALS unit.

a_08.jpg

Our second out ambulance is an older Road Rescue (I believe a 1994ish.) It also has the capabilities of an ALS unit if a medic is on board. I do not like driving this unit as it feels like I am driving a big mini van and I forget to set the emergency brake which is important because it sets the high idle. Without high idle, I always end up stalling it when I put it in drive. :blush:

We also have a suburban that is converted to a mini ambulance. We have it converted to hold a backboard. This allows us to respond up steep driveways and down narrow roads where the ambulances cannot easily get to. Once we retrieve the patient, we transfer them to the ambulance and respond to the hospital.

Lastly, Not a typical unit...We staff a Rescue Engine which has tools that we have on the ambulance. We carry a LP, aid bag, oxygen bag, and portable suction unit. Additionally, we can staff our engine with a medic to make us an ALS rescue engine. There is a fully stocked drug box so we can care for a PT while waiting for a medic transport unit to arrive.

(Sorry for the picture being so big)

keith10247

Forum Lieutenant
One more thing. The International actually has Cup Holders!! The older RoadRescue does not. I have to hand my pepsi to the EMT for him to hold while I drive. Not cool!

Last edited by a moderator:

TheWedgie

Forum Probie
Here in South Australia we use a combination of Mercedes Sprinter, Ford F250 and Ford Transit vehicles for most duties (the Sprinters and F250's for emergency work, Transits for non-emergency transport)

Last stats (July 2006) we had 128 Sprinters, 43 F250s, 13 F350s, 19 Transits, and 5 Toyota 4WD's, plus a multitude of management/team leader/command vehicles (combinations of Ford Falcon sedan/wagons, Ford Territorys, Holden Commodore sedan/wagons, Holden Adventra 4wd wagons, Nissan Patrol 4WD's).
They're slowly getting rid of the F250/350's and moving all emergency vehicles to the Mercedes Sprinters.

And onto the pics!

It seems we may be changing our livery soon to - apparently we're not visible enough as it is...

Oh, we also operate the state's three rescue helicopters, but I don't have details or pics handy.

-Nick

keith10247

Forum Lieutenant
H
It seems we may be changing our livery soon to - apparently we're not visible enough as it is...

MORE visible??? I cannot imagine what more visible looks like. I can almost see it from over here in the US as it is... If my memory serves me correctly, Australia had a big part in creating a new standard in the US that requires us to have bright chevrons on the back of our apparatus. I hated it at first but I must say I am getting used to it more and more. I just hope that you guys dont push the retro checkered pattern on us!

Thanks for sharing!

TheWedgie

Forum Probie
MORE visible??? I cannot imagine what more visible looks like. I can almost see it from over here in the US as it is... If my memory serves me correctly, Australia had a big part in creating a new standard in the US that requires us to have bright chevrons on the back of our apparatus. I hated it at first but I must say I am getting used to it more and more. I just hope that you guys dont push the retro checkered pattern on us!

Thanks for sharing!

Sorry, the bright new ones are the trial new livery. The normal stuff is all above.
More than likely that standard came from the UK, as I don't believe any services here in Australia look like that just yet.
(We've got two new executive managers from the UK, so I daresay that's why we're changing to look like them).

-Nick

TheWedgie

Forum Probie
Found the information on the three helicopters we also coordinate.
Shared between us, the SA Police, and I believe the Country Fire Service (for firebombing/spotting).
We however, coordinate everything from our State Communications Centre.

Rescue 51: Agusta Bell AB-412 (VH-LSA)

Rescue 52: Eurocopter BK117 (VH-VSA)

Rescue 53: Eurocopter EC130 (VH-OSA)

-Nick

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Welcome to the tribe!! Wow Bright rigs!!:)

TheWedgie

Forum Probie
Welcome to the tribe!! Wow Bright rigs!!:)

Thanks. Just to clear it up, the flouro green/yellow/orange rigs are a proposed new paintjob, we're not using them (yet).
The helicopters are those colours because they are sponsored by a local bank, and that is their logo.

-Nick

rgnoon

Forum Lieutenant
Seeing how this older thread has been dug up, I figure that I might as well contribute. We have two Custom Wheeled Coach rigs, the newer of which is a 2005
296-2s.jpg

and the older is somewhere around an '02

296-5s.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Teufulhunden0321

Forum Probie
New Member...

Hey I just wanted to introduce myself...My name is Tyler I am very calm and quiet.I am interested in Nursing and Paramedic medicine. I would like to join a Volunteer Fire Department.I enjoy the company of original genuine people. I strongly believe in honesty and faithfulness. The Lord is my shepherd and I shall fear no evil. Semper Fidelis.

imurphy

Forum Captain
Mainly here in Ireladn we use Voyager Pods on Ford Transit bodys, but we also use Mercedes Sprinter conversions. Both nice. I just generally prefere the Voyager.

emergency.jpg

Grady_emt

Forum Captain
Our newest "new" (excluding 4 2008 remounts) is a 2007 F350 with a Frazer generator powered module.

262medium.jpg
[/IMG]

262sidebackmedium.jpg
[/IMG]

262backmedium.jpg
[/IMG]

emt9577

Forum Probie
We just picked up 5 more wheeled coach type 2's, with at least 8 more ordered. These are on the 07/08 chevy chasis with the duramax diesels. They look like they should be good trucks!

Warlock

Forum Ride Along
Cleveland

Being a major city we ride International Urban Assault vehicles

Attachments

• new truck.jpg
    new truck.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 436

Grady_emt

Forum Captain
One of our new remounts, a 2008 F350 with a 2002 McCoy Miller box remount.

239lightenedresized.jpg